Granicus is the leading provider of citizen engagement technologies and services for the public sector, bringing governments closer to the people they serve with the first-and-only Government ExperienceCloud. Granicus works with more than 5,500 government organizations and connects more than 300 million people in the largest Citizen Subscriber Network of its kind.
The Senior DevOps Engineer will play a significant role in the development, automation, and security across our diverse company portfolio. We presently use a diverse number of systems like Chef, GitLab, GitLab-CI, Terraform, and Kubernetes to automate the testing and delivery of both our Windows and Linux based hosted applications; with plans to consolidate on a standard set of tools leveraging GitLab-CI and Kubernetes where possible. The Senior DevOps Engineer will have an excellent understanding of full-stack application development, testing, security, continuous integration, a passion for security, and extensive experience working in an agile software development environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Support the software development process by identifying inefficiencies, recommending solutions, automating delivery, and implementing testing
- Mentor other Engineers
- Technical leadership for medium to large projects
- Hands-on experience in Apache Solr or Apache Lucene.
- Good understanding of Solr Cloud, Zookeeper, Sharding and Replica allocation/distribution.
- Managing complex catalog with SOLR indexes, optimize search tuning using relevance ranking,
- Experience in installation and configuration of SOLR/Zookeeper
- Excellent troubleshooting and performance tuning experience in SOLR/Zookeeper
- Implementing effective security protocols, data protection measures, and storage solutions
- Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support
- Documenting processes and preparing reports
- Recommending and implementing improvements to processes and technologies
- Knowledge of any Content Management Systems will be added advantage
- Knowledge of microservices and event driven architecture
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum/Kanban model
- Excellent Communication, Presentation skills, and Collaboration/Teamwork
- Provisioning and maintenance of systems, load balancer configs, firewall rules, databases, and other automation driven infrastructure tasks
- Automate CI/CD pipelines to build and deploy our software
Who You Are:
- 6+ years Software Engineering or Operations support
- Effective communication skills for working across support and engineering departments
- Excellent Experience with cloud hosting infrastructure using Microsoft Azure
- Excellent knowledge of source control management GitHub, GitLab preferred
- Passion for security and identifying opportunities to improve security and testing
- You must be a US Citizen to be eligible for this role**
NOTE: Granicus is subject to the Executive Order requiring employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
(Colorado only*) Minimum salary range between $100,000 – $125,000 + bonus + benefits.
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
– Flexible Time Off
– Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
– 401(k) plan with matching contribution
– Tuition & Training Reimbursement
– Paid Parental Leave
– Employer-paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
– Group legal coverage
– Transit and/or parking supplement for office-based employees
– And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation Type: Salaried
Posted by Granicus on January 23, 2023