At Livefront, we help companies design and build world-class digital products that command attention and inspire joy. We’ve helped household names like Target, Samsung, General Mills, and Optum create experiences that have reached millions of people, and startups like HomeSpotter and Acclaim build entirely new businesses that challenge their industries’ status quo.
The Chief Growth Officer will drive Livefront’s revenue by strategically acquiring new enterprise customers and expanding relationships with existing ones. The CGO’s focus will be on gaining a foothold in several major accounts each year, and nurturing and expanding these relationships into the company’s top revenue-generating clients.
Who you are
As the most senior leader of Livefront’s Sales, Marketing and Client Services practices, you hold accountability for the reputation of Livefront as the world first encounters it. Under your leadership, everyone in the external orbit of Livefront —from Livefront account executives and marketing managers to new and prospective clients with whom we are collaborating—is empowered and expected to do the best work of their lives. You are eager to embody the “what’s possible” at Livefront. You can evaluate risk and know when to jump, and you have done it successfully so often that those around you rarely question your decisions. You have built sales, marketing and client services functions in a services organization and are ready to perfect the art of growth and scale. You are an executive leader with a long history of creating and maintaining client relationships with purpose. You understand that process and planning are critical to our clients and personality alone will not create exceptional client relationships.
Why you should apply
- You care about outcomes, and want a position that rewards accountability to results;
- You want to work with passionate and talented people who are always looking for ways to make things better;
- You understand the power of a strong business relationship built upon mutual interest and trust, and doing the daily work of forging relationships like that is what drives you;
- You desire a work environment where respect, mutual trust, and egoless collaboration are paramount;
- You want colleagues who take their work seriously but not themselves, and who know how to let loose and have a good time;
- You like being part of a team that has a reputation for excellence and gives back to the community by educating, mentoring, and sponsoring;
- You believe in sweating the details, give a damn about quality, and taking pride in going the extra mile.
What you’ll be doing
- Drive a 30%+ year-over-year revenue growth in FY 24 and beyond.
- Oversee the Sales, Marketing, and Client Services teams as a supervisor, coach, and mentor;
- Support individual contributors and director-level leadership within your team, coaching them to become great leaders themselves;
- Conduct regular 1:1 meetings with direct reports including performance reviews, compensation reviews, and career development planning so that all team members feel that they are cared for and appropriately pushed to be their best;
- Build a team of highly successful, personable, and technology-centric marketers and account executives through hiring and staffing decisions;
- Set, track, and reward achievement metrics and quotas for sales, marketing, and client services functions;
- Develop, institute, and train business development best practices on the team;
- Monitor and analyze demand generation and lead generation efforts to ensure they align with Livefront’s purpose and mission;
- Develop, institute, and train marketing best practices on the team;
- Ensure the team has appropriate business development resources, including contract templates and communication tools, to deliver exceptional client service;
- Ensure the team has appropriate marketing resources, including assets, content creation tools, and templates to deliver exceptional brand marketing;
- Serve as a key interviewer in the hiring process for sales and marketing positions within Livefront;
- Participate in internal leadership discussions and function as a key decision-maker on culture, business strategy, and decisions both large and small;
- Contribute to and lead community efforts that track to annual goals;
- Hold accountability for all sales activities including lead generation, sales pitches, and closing of contracts with clients;
- Support forecasting and resourcing planning to ensure the successful execution of new business;
- Develop framework for issuing high quality proposals, appropriate program scoping, and timely SOW’s;
- Accelerate Livefront’s reach and reputation by building strong connections with other community leaders.
- Create forecasts and backup plans—foresee the achievement and provide sufficient heads-up to management and plan for backup;
What you bring to the table
- Experience leading multiple facets of commercial growth functions including hands-on sales motions, strategic go-to-market planning, sales team operations, account development, partnerships, marketing, and client services;
- Experience building and leading a marketing organization that produces engaging and genuine content and thought leadership centered around digital expertise;
- Significant experience managing a go-to-market team in a client services or agency environment that is providing custom digital transformation and related services (strategy, design, engineering);
- Experience selling to an active and convertible network in the C-Suite and/or at business unit leadership levels (e.g.: Chief Digital Officer);
- Ability to personally execute sales, marketing, and client partnership activities;
- Extensive track record within the technology professional services industry with 20+ years of experience preferred.
- Considerable experience signing strategic logos and expanding existing accounts over time;
- An insatiable and relentless drive for always pushing things forward and producing great work;
- Undisputable mastery of business development and account management best practices, including sourcing leads, asking for business, and contract negotiation;
- A reputation in the community as a thought leader through speaking and writing on product design, development, and consulting topics;
- Examples of positive feedback from clients;
- Examples of positive feedback from direct reports;
- Renowned problem-solving skills;
- Business instincts that lead to team growth and client satisfaction;
- Rigid discipline and personal organization skills;
- A strong detail-oriented and metrics-driven mindset, with the ability to be decisive and leverage tools and frameworks to support decision-making;
- A demonstrated hunger for personal and professional growth, for yourself and for your team members: a true player-coach;
- A visible servant-leadership grounded in humility;
- A self-evident love and care for the craft of sales, marketing, and client service.
What to expect
When applying, please include a short note about yourself, a summary of your work experience, and a link to your portfolio. Please note that submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
Our hiring process moves quickly and consists of several stages for candidates who capture our attention with their initial submission, sometimes including but not limited to a short preliminary phone interview, a series of video interviews, and a short take-home exercise which you’ll have up to a week to complete.
We go out of our way to evaluate all employees and job applicants equally based on merit, competence, and qualifications. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply and consider all qualified applicants.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation Type: salaried
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posted by Sarah Olson on November 14, 2023