SDG is a high-performance software community. We are a team of collaborative and creative consultants who build and deliver custom software for some of the most recognizable local and national brands. In this role, you will be asked to leverage your current skills while also learning new ones. Working in over 500 different technologies and continually learning together, you can expect a one-of-a-kind and award-winning work experience. Our team at SDG has exceptional integrity and the desire to create the best possible customer solutions. We are proud to partner with our customers to consistently provide a successful working relationship as a high-performance team.
SDG is continuing to grow, and we are adding a DevOps Engineer to our team! This person will work closely with our customers to ensure their development environments are efficiently able to build and deploy best-in-class enterprise web applications. You will be amongst some of the best technical talent in the Twin Cities, giving you the opportunity to learn and grow. We are looking for a team-oriented person who has at least 5 years of experience building and deploying as a DevOps Engineer using container technologies, build tools, and creating CI/CD pipelines. A successful DevOps Engineer at SDG is a lifelong learner who is motivated to continually improve their craft and thrives amongst their fellow employee-owners.
SDG’s DevOps Engineers have experience with a handful of the following technologies, if you do too, we want to hear from you!
- CONTAINERS & ORCHESTRATION: Docker / Kubernetes / OpenShift
- CONTINUOUS INTEGRATION: Git / GitHub / GitLabs / Jenkins / Bamboo / GitHub Actions
- CONTINUOUS DEPLOYMENT: Helm / Nomad / Consul / Service Mesh
- INFRASTRUCTURE: Chef / Puppet / Ansible / Terraform / Packer
- OBSERVABILITY: New Relic / Datadog / Grafana Labs Stack / InfluxDB / ELK Stack
- CLOUD: AWS / Azure / GCP / OCI / OpenStack
- DATABASE: Hadoop / Cassandra / Dynamo DB / Oracle / Postgres / MySQL / MS-SQL
- MESSAGING & CACHING: Kafka / Zookeeper / Redis / Ignite / RabbitMQ / Kinesis
- 5+ years of professional experience as a DevOps Engineer, Software Engineer, or similar role with a passion for automation and digital operations
- Experience using cloud technologies – AWS or Azure preferred
- Experience delivering solutions in large scale enterprise environments
- Experience with a variety of automation technologies
- Prior consulting or professional services experience is a bonus
- Education degree or certification in IT or Computer Science, or the equivalent related work experience
What’s in it for you?
- Full-time salaried consultant position
- A true stake in success. SDG is an ESOP – 100% employee owned
- Star Tribune Top Workplace winner the last 4 consecutive years
- National Top Workplace in 2021
- Engaged teammates who care about quality solutions
- Challenging and rewarding work with great customers
- Various opportunities to give back to the community
- Be amongst some of the best technologists in the industry
- Dedicated to our core values of superior customer service, exceptional employee experience, and responsible corporate citizenship
- Opportunities to connect with other SDGer’s via internal communities, committees, and events – virtually and in person
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation Type: Salaried
Location: Minneapolis, MN + Hybrid
Posted by SDG on January 23, 2023