Boston Scientific’s hybrid workplace includes remote and onsite roles. By applying to this position, you will have the opportunity to discuss your preferred working location with your Talent Acquisition Specialist.
Remote Eligible: Hybrid
Onsite Location(s): Maple Grove, MN, US, 55311
Additional Locations: N/A
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
The healthcare industry is changing rapidly with several market dynamics significantly impacting the patient care continuum. Boston Scientific sees this as an exciting opportunity to ‘Advance Science for Life’ by developing and delivering innovative, insights-based Digital solutions that energize Health Care Professionals (HCPs) and patients alike.
The Digital Program Manager II will have responsibility for leading the development and implementation of WATCHMAN digital Solutions and strategic initiatives as an individual contributor. This role will also lead digital programs as a program manager. This role will challenge your ability to work on complex projects with frequently deadlines and scope. You’ll need flexibility, agility and the ability to adapt to change while maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders in a highly cross-matrixed environment.
Qualified candidates have experience in program management for software and digital products in the healthcare sector, experience navigating a cross-functional organization, possess a strong foundation in key technology platforms, and have a demonstrated ability to work within an agile environment.
Your responsibilities include:
- Develops and implements overall project plan, including major deliverables, milestones, cost, schedule, risk and performance, identification and resolution of staffing and resource requirements and issues, and monitors progress against business key objectives and goals
- Responsibilities include development, execution and leadership of a project/program team to successfully deliver the defined product/solution to business unit management
- Drive and influence results by acting with speed, agility, and adaptability, assigning clear authority and accountability while integrating and aligning efforts across multiple sites and functions
- Scope of projects will vary and can include owning a program enhancement to help shape and drive governance of ongoing digital initiatives
- Collect, analyze and maintain financial forecast information using input from applicable sources
- Establish/apply quality objectives, criteria, standards and levels using appropriate quality management methods, with stakeholder input (e.g., key performance indicators, scope definition)
- Develop, communicate and implement program/project risk/issue management plans and strategies (e.g., mitigation, avoidance, transfer, acceptance)
- Act as lead to pull necessary internal resources together to provide appropriate and effective consultation and/or solution to address needs
- May manage vendor and service providers to define project scope and performance expectations
- Manages the technical challenges of technology application and new product development; identifies, communicates, and manages moderate to high levels of technical risk
- Manages large (often multi-workstreams) cross-functional development teams; leads teams and helps diverse and dispersed project team members to execute towards overall project goal(s); provides input to functional managers on team and team member performance; develops and maintains strong relationships with functional heads
- Partner with the cross-functional team to identify applicable metrics to influence digital investment and strategy
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree or a minimum OR 7 years of relevant work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of digital product experience, including new product development and implementation, digital strategies project management (healthcare or medical device industry highly desirable)
- Experience working in a complex matrix environment with competing priorities
- Experience with agile methodology, roles, and responsibilities
- Experience analyzing data with an emphasis on data-driven decision making
- Demonstrated executive communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely across a wide range of audiences
- PMP certification
- PMI Agile Certification and/or Scrum Master certification
- Data experience, including infrastructure and integration related initiatives
- PLCP lifecycle knowledge
- Experience in commercializing cloud-based software solutions into hospital setting
- Entrepreneurial spirit that can operate independently with little direction
- Excellent time management, organizational, and prioritization skills with ability to balance multiple priorities
Requisition ID: 557345
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
Nearest Major Market: Minneapolis
Job Segment: Product Development, Program Manager, Cloud, Medical Device, Project Manager, Research, Management, Technology, Healthcare