Chewy is growing at a rapid pace. Our approach of thinking about our customers first and ability to move fast has created a large opportunity to rethink and redesign our supply chain forecasting frameworks from ground up. If the opportunity to create a best in class supply chain network, make a large business impact, and deliver large scale savings intrigue you, we will want to talk to you.
Chewy’s Supply Chain team is looking for a Director of Engineering for Forecasting to lead our forecasting software team for all of the products and services sold on Chewy.com.
Our Technology mission is to design and build world-class technology platforms that empower our business partners to create exceptional customer experiences. We aim to support the business by consistently delivering high-quality solutions that quickly address our business challenges.
The team is responsible for the technologies/processes/platforms to support our demand forecasting for all customers and products. You will work with business and product to drive the end-to-end life cycle of our products. This is a high-profile position that will have exposure across the entire business, influencing the vision and implementation of architecture, design and features for these platforms. As part of a dynamic team, this role offers a tremendous opportunity for professional growth in the leading online pet retailer in the US.
In addition, a candidate will be skilled at anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, balancing business needs with technical constraints, and taking calculated risks to maximize business benefit. They will be able to focus heavily on cross functional communication to ensure key decisions and status surrounding projects are clear to all. Successful candidates should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement and mentorship.
What you’ll do:
- Build, manage, and develop a team 1-2 scrum teams with 5-10 experienced engineers responsible for building Chewy’s next generation forecasting platforms and complimentary products.
- Drive technical decisions and be accountable for the delivery of solutions on initiatives they own.
- Contribute to road map definition in collaboration with technical and product leadership.
- Review code and implementations, provide feedback for technical contributors.
- Must be able to identify and manage priorities within the context of overall company objectives based on data driven decision making.
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams as the subject matter expert for your team.
- Mentor, Coach, and Manage the careers of the engineers on your team and ensure their continued growth and development.
- Work with others in Engineering Management to drive best practices in software development, testing, and production deployment.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrated history of implementing and managing multiple software development projects.
- Build, Manage and Mentor high performing teams.
- Overall 10+ years of experience in the software development and high-volume enterprise systems.
- 5+ years of experience leading & managing engineering teams Building cloud-native applications in public cloud (AWS preferred).
- 3+ year leading teams which operating with DevOps culture – managing all aspects of the project including RUN (operations).
- Ability to excel within a VERY fast paced startup environment with a flat organizational structure and provide hands-on leadership to our top-tier engineers.
- A passion for people management and mentorship.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience attracting, hiring, and maintaining top talent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or engineering preferred (MS/MA would be a Strong Plus).
- Position may require occasional travel.