Ovative Group is the premier independent media and measurement firm in the United States. We help change makers, in fast-growing, customer-centric organizations across industries reinvent their marketing and measurement programs. We leverage our media, measurement, and consulting capabilities to help brands like Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman, Facebook, The Home Depot, CVS, Disney, and UnitedHealth Group transform their media and marketing programs. Our proprietary approach to measuring and optimizing marketing investment decisions, Enterprise Marketing Return (EMR), is disrupting the industry and setting the gold standard for customer and marketing strategy, activation, and measurement.
Recognized six consecutive years on Star Tribune’s list of Top 150 Workplaces and four years on Inc.5000’s list of the fastest growing private companies in America, we pride ourselves in always overdelivering for our clients, our teams, and our communities.
About the Role
We are looking for a fearless Director of Engineering to join our Measurement and Technology Solutions team at a fast-growing company focused on measurement and optimization of media at the enterprise level. In this role you will be responsible for leading our Product Engineering practice that consists of Data & Software Engineering, Full Stack Engineering, and Machine Learning Engineering creating innovative technology across our proprietary products, our enterprise platform, and strategic projects. You and your team will be accountable for building scalable data, software, and front-end solutions for both internal teams and external clients in a variety of industries. The ideal candidate has a passion for leading and growing world class development teams and delivering high quality, innovative technology to clients mainly in the product space.
Drive Thought Leadership & Engineering Excellence
- Develop and drive operational best practices and dev ops advancement
- Create, drive and execute a long-term vision and strategy across product and engineering.
- Contribute to our product roadmap and enable our strategic direction
- Be an advocate for and enable best practices in security and data governance.
Develop Innovative Solutions
- Direct accountability for our technologies, tools, and infrastructure
- Enable your teams to architect and build scalable world-class measurement and software products that lead the industry and directly drive revenue for Ovative.
- Develop new innovative solutions to drive efficiency and excellence for development and non-development teams
- Proactively bring new technology POVs and solutions to the team for consideration and implementation
Improve and Grow Our Team
- Lead leaders by directly developing Engineering Managers and Lead Engineers in core competencies and technical excellence
- Drive great work through accountability, expectation setting, and unlocking team members
- Recruit & retain outstanding diverse engineering talent by fostering an inclusive culture that inspires & motivates
- Build out new functional teams based on business needs e.g. QA, UX
- Provide team members mentoring, training and other opportunities for professional development
- Elevate our brand locally and nationally by attending local networking events, recruiting opportunities, and content creation
- 9+ years of hands-on management, leading engineering teams including managing engineering managers and lead engineers
- Strong cross-group collaboration and interpersonal communication skills working with variety of roles including marketing, product management, support and sales engineering
- Demonstrated ability to attract and retain top, diverse talent and develop high performing, engaged teams
- Ability to communicate clearly and lead discussions with technical and non-technical stakeholders, including clients & executives
- Experience successfully delivering scalable technology in a high velocity, customer environment
- Previous hands-on development experience, either front-end or back-end
- Experience working with marketing and customer data
- Experience with cloud providers (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Experience data and systems architecture
At Ovative, we offer a transparent view into three core components of your total compensation package: Base Salary, Annual Bonus, and Benefits. The salary range for this position below is inclusive of an annual bonus. Actual offers are made with consideration for relevant experience and anticipated impact. Additional benefits information is provided below.
For our Director positions, our compensation ranges from $123,000 to $228,000, which is inclusive of a 30% bonus.
Benefits of working at Ovative Group
We provide strong, competitive, holistic benefits that understand the importance of your life inside and out of work
Culture matters and we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace three-years running because of it. We demand trust and transparency from each other. We believe in doing the hard and complicated work others put off. We’re open in communication and floor plan. We’re flat – our interns sit next to VPs, our analysts work closely with senior leaders, and our CEO interacts with every single person daily. Put together, these elements help foster an environment where smart people can support each other in performing to their highest potential.
Compensation and insurance:
We strive to hire and retain the best talent in the Twin Cities. Paying fair, competitive compensation, with a large bonus incentive, and phenomenal health insurance is an important part of this mix. We’re rewarded fairly and when the company performs well, we all benefit.
Tangible amenities we enjoy:
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Free parking and on-site fitness center with locker rooms
- Sabbatical program
- Charitable giving via our time and a financial match program
- Shenanigan’s day
- Dedicated Innovation time!
Working at Ovative won’t be easy, but if you like getting your hands dirty, driving results, and being surrounded by the best talent, it’ll be the most rewarding job you’ll ever have. If you think you can make us better, we want to hear from you!