Working Title: Endpoint Architect
Job Class: Systems Architect
Agency: Minnesota IT Services
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 11/14/2023
- Closing Date: 11/27/2023
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota IT Services
- Division/Unit: Enterprise / Desktop Support
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift / 08:00 a.m. – 04:30 p.m.
- Days of Work: Monday – Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $40.26 – $68.70 / hourly; $84,062 – $143,445 / annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 – MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
- FLSA Status: Exempt – Professional
- Telework Eligible: Yes, #LI-Hybrid
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities: Yes
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you’ll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
Join the 2,500+ professionals of Minnesota IT Services (MNIT) who connect Minnesotans to services that will improve their lives. This position will be part of the Enterprise Services team, which delivers a full suite of services to state agencies, boards, councils, and commissions, and many central services to local government partners.
As an Endpoint Architect, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the client computing landscape for the Executive Branch agencies. Your primary responsibility will be establishing a comprehensive architecture and design framework, ensuring a seamless and consistent service experience.
In this key position, you will exercise technical leadership to oversee the architecture and infrastructure design employed by MNIT Services to deliver exceptional services to Executive Branch Agencies. Your innovative approach will be vital in introducing cutting-edge tools and technologies to enhance the overall service quality for our valued stakeholders.
As a senior technical advisor, you will serve as a bridge between the desktop support/endpoints and other crucial components of our enterprise, including server support, security, service desk, and more. Your expertise will help guide the team in delivering not only desktop support but also harmonizing the broader technology ecosystem within MNIT Services. You will work with the Deputy, Assistant Commissioners, CBTOs, and other MNIT management to make sure that our services and solutions align with the big-picture goals of the organization. This role offers a unique opportunity to drive meaningful change and innovation in client computing at a strategic level.
This position is currently eligible for full-time telework:
- Telework for Minnesota IT Services allows an employee to perform work from a telework location and an employee may be required to be in the office based on business needs and other dependencies in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Only candidates located in Minnesota and bordering states (Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin) are telework eligible.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate all of the following qualifications in their resume:
Position requires a minimum of six (6) years of experience in operation-focused architecture, including roles like Cloud Architect, Security Architect, Network Architect, Automation Architect, or Site Reliability Architect.
Experience must include:
- Strong knowledge of architect standards and conventions, focusing on industry standards like TOGAF, ISO/IEC, Zachman, Federal Enterprise Architecture, or similar frameworks.
- Proficiency in Architect tools and a deep understanding of operations and system architecture.
- Ability to deliver effective written and verbal communications with various stakeholders and teams so that complex technical information is conveyed clearly and concisely.
- Customer service skills that include active listening, empathy, and problem-solving.
A master’s degree in Information Technology or a related field substitutes for three (3) years of experience, OR a related bachelor’s degree substitutes for two (2) years, OR a related associate’s degree substitutes
- Expert knowledge of computer technologies, encompassing a deep understanding of hardware, operating system environment interfaces with other systems, Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), system architecture development, and enterprise architecture reference modeling.
- Proven track record of analyzing and developing architectural designs for Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policies, Microsoft Systems Server/Microsoft Systems Center, Windows Operating systems, workstation and server hardware, and software configuration requirements.
- Extensive experience in high-level technical analysis and design is a significant advantage.
- An expert understanding of data models and the ability to deliver impactful reporting to stakeholders.
- Ability to translate complex technical data into meaningful insights.
- Expertise in technology within the Microsoft ecosystem.
This position is based in St. Paul, Minnesota. This position will require the employee to be in the office based on business needs and other dependencies.
**Successful candidate must pass past-employer reference checks and a criminal history verification**
It is the policy of the Minnesota IT Services that all employees submit to a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
- SEMA4 Records Check (applies to current and past state employees)
- Criminal History Check
- Employment Reference Check
- Social Security and Address Verification
- Education Verification
- CJIS Background Check
- Other legally required records checks
Minnesota IT Services will not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.