Working Title: Enterprise Service Desk Infrastructure Supervisor
Job Class: Systems Analysis Unit Supervisor
Agency: Minnesota IT Services
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 08/24/2023
- Closing Date: 09/01/2023
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota IT Services
- Division/Unit: Enterprise Service Desk
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Evening: 2:45pm – 11:15pm
- Days of Work: Thursday – Monday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $35.14 – $60.70 / hourly; $73,372 – $126,741 / annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 216 – Middle Management Association/MMA
- FLSA Status: Exempt – Executive
- Telework Eligible: Yes #LI-Hybrid
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities: Yes
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you’ll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
Join the 2,500+ professionals of Minnesota IT Services (MNIT) who connect Minnesotans to services that will improve their lives. This position will be part of the Enterprise Services team, which delivers a full suite of services to state agencies, boards, councils, and commissions, and many central services to local government partners.
The purpose of this leadership position is to supervise a team of analysts within the Enterprise Service Desk. This position manages Service Desk End User Support and Infrastructure staff and is directly responsible for managing their day-to-day activities of providing technical functions, ensuring performance standards and service levels are met. Service Desk staff operational responsibilities include three (3) shifts of 24x7x365 technical operations, resolving desktop support, mobile device management, technical/related issues, and service outages for statewide MNIT Enterprise services; Network Services, System Operations, VoiceNolP, Video, and MN Executive Branch Agency critical applications.
The Service Desk teams assist with root cause analysis and problem resolution to identify the corrective action to be performed. This leadership position requires significant technical knowledge in a variety of technologies to ensure technical decisions and analysis are understood and appropriate for each situation.
This position reaches into every aspect of MNIT’s mission to deliver IT services to all agencies, boards, commissions and other MNIT customers. It leads Enterprise Service Desk functions, alignment, integration and standardization of Service Desk methodologies, selection and implementation of metrics and tools; and ensures consistent service delivery to customers along with measurably high levels of customer satisfaction. The position also manages projects and assists to define standards for the use of technology or develop processes and procedures to ensure the correct adherence and implementation of agency standards.
This position is currently eligible for full-time telework:
- Telework for Minnesota IT Services allows an employee to perform work from a telework location and an employee may be required to be in the office based on business needs and other dependencies in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Only candidates located in Minnesota and bordering states (Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin) are telework eligible.
*This is a Thursday – Monday, 2:45pm – 11:15pm shift.
**This position is being reposted. If you have previously applied, you need not apply again.**
Candidates must clearly demonstrate all of the following qualifications in their resume:
Position requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience working in an IT Operations/Service Desk environment.
Experience must also demonstrate the following:
- Experience and significant technical knowledge in telecommunications, network monitoring and related tools and technologies.
- Experience and significant technical knowledge in support of Desktop, Mobile devices Enterprise applications, employee off/on-boarding and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated knowledge/experience with Service Management practices such as ITIL, MOF, COBIT, LEAN.
- Experience with metrics and reporting.
It is the policy of the Minnesota IT Services that all employees submit to a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following
- SEMA4 Records Check (applies to current and past state employees only)
- Criminal History Check
- Employment Reference Check
- Social Security and Address Verification
- Education Verification
- CJIS Background Check
- Other legally required records checks
**Minnesota IT Services will not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.**