Working Title: Financial Application Developer
Job Class: Information Technology Specialist 3
Agency: Minnesota IT Services
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 11/17/2023
- Closing Date:11/30/2023
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota IT Services
- Division/Unit: Department of Transportation
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day/08:00 a.m. – 04:30 p.m.
- Days of Work: Monday – Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $31.47 – $51.73 / hourly; $65,709 – $108,012 / annually
- Job Class Option ITS3: Application
- Classified Status: Classified
- FLSA Status: Exempt – Administrative
- Telework Eligible: Yes, #LI-Hybrid
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities: Yes
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you’ll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
Join the 2,500+ professionals of Minnesota IT Services (MNIT) who connect Minnesotans to services that will improve their lives. in government IT. This position serves our partners at the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT). MNIT MnDOT supports an agency with technology integrated into all areas of business. From business intelligence and solutions for critical transportation infrastructure to planning and operating a safe, efficient, and reliable multimodal transportation system, the team connects people and markets across Minnesota.
As a Financial Application Developer, you will provide application design, programming, database development, and maintenance support for the Transportation Capital Programs portfolio of applications including CHIMES, PUMA, FFATA, and associated application interfaces. This position will also assist with the design, development, support, and maintenance of other accounting systems including the Finance web reports interface.
This position is currently eligible for full-time telework:
- Telework for Minnesota IT Services allows an employee to perform work from a telework location and an employee may be required to be in the office based on business needs and other dependencies in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Only candidates located in Minnesota and bordering states (Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin) are telework eligible.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate all of the following qualifications in their resume:
This position requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience providing application development and support.
Experience must include the following:
- Experience developing with Java or C#.
- Experience with Oracle database development and SQL.
- Experience with financial data.
*A Master’s degree in Information Technology or a related field substitutes for three years of experience, OR related Bachelor’s degree substitutes for two years of experience, OR related Associate’s substitutes for one year.
- Experience with the state’s mainframe systems and environment, utilities, VSAM, IAM, flat files, Job Control Language (JCL).
- Knowledge and experience with Business Objects Enterprise C#.NET SDK.
- Knowledge and experience with SWIFT and SEMA4 PeopleSoft systems, data and logic.
- Ability to interact both technically and functionally with users and staff through verbal and written communication sufficient to present clear and concise reports.
This position is based in St.Paul, Minnesota. This position will require the employee to be in the office based on business needs and other dependencies.
***Successful candidate must pass past-employer reference checks and a criminal history verification.
It is the policy of Minnesota IT Services that all employees submit to a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
- SEMA4 Records Check (applies to current and past state employees only)
- Criminal History Check
- Employment Reference Check
- Social Security and Address Verification
- Education Verification
- Other legally required records checks
Minnesota IT Services will not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.