Working Title: Full Stack Developer
Job Class: Information Technology Specialist 3
Agency: Minnesota IT Services
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 9/23/2023
- Closing Date:10/9/2023
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota IT Services
- Division/Unit: Department of Labor and Industry (DLI)
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
- Days of Work: Monday – Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $31.47 – $51.73 / hourly; $65,709 – $108,012 / annually
- Job Class Option: Application
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 – MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
- FLSA Status: Exempt – Administrative
- Telework Eligible: Yes #LI-Hybrid
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities: Yes
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you’ll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
Join the 2,500+ professionals of Minnesota IT Services (MNIT) who connect Minnesotans to services that will improve their lives. This position serves our partners at the Minnesota Department of Labor and Industry (DLI). MNIT DLI oversees apprenticeship programs, construction codes and licensing, occupational safety and health, wage and hour standards, combative sports, and workers’ compensation programs around the state.
This position will contribute to the development of custom software applications within the Department of Labor and Industry (DLI). Responsibilities includes maintenance and enhancement of the Work Comp Campus system, a cloud hosted, serverless platform, custom built application based on modern development techniques, methodologies, and technologies for the Department.
This position is currently eligible for full-time telework:
- Telework for Minnesota IT Services allows an employee to perform work from a telework location and an employee may be required to be in the office based on business needs and other dependencies in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Only candidates located in Minnesota and bordering states (Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin) are telework eligible.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate all of the following qualifications in their resume:
Position requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience with back and front-end development, systems analysis and design and programming, data processing concepts and techniques in a serverless environment.
Experience must include:
- Back-end development using C# and .NET framework.
- Front-end web development using Angular 2 and up.
A Master’s degree in Information Technology or a related field may substitute for three years of experience, OR a related Bachelor’s degree may substitute for two years, OR a related Associate’s may substitute for one year.
- .net core3.1 and .NET6
- Experience with Angular Material, Bootstrap, Azure Functions, API’s, or Cloud providers
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Confluence, Jira, Git, GitHub, or GitLab
- Experience writing SQL and manipulating data
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Effective communication with a variety of stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to take prompt action to accomplish tasks and meet goals and objectives
This position is based in St. Paul, Minnesota. This position will require the employee to be in the office based on business needs and other dependencies.
It is the policy of Minnesota IT Services that a successful candidate must pass all legally required checks prior to employment which may consist of the following:
- SEMA4 Records Check (applies to current and past state employees only)
- Criminal History Check
- Reference Check
- Social Security and Address Verification
- Education Verification
- Other legally required checks
Minnesota IT Services will not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.