Enterprise Data Platform – Adaptive Platform for Experimentation
Our team APEX do online experimentation for user experiences. We are currently building a platform for continuous learning and personalization with the goal of leveraging it throughout the Best Buy organization. This includes a modular and extendible system for both A/B testing as well as leveraging turnkey machine learning models for contextual decision-making across business domains.
Position Summary/Job Description:
The Engineer will participate in the full software delivery lifecycle. This involves a mix of working with the agile product owner to understand desired behavior; developing a software architecture; documenting designs for socialization; decomposing work for execution; and implementing, testing, reviewing & deploying the work produced.
The team is an on-site mix of engineers and testers working primarily on the delivery of new Java/JS/python-based cloud capabilities.
Developers who are interested in a mixture of applied architecture and hands-on coding will find this assignment highly rewarding.
Engineer will be working in full stack development and python-based application.
Great opportunity to design and lead end to end functionality, work on M/L based systems.
Required Skills :
- 6+ years of experience programming in object-oriented languages, with a majority of this time working in Java.
- Hands-on work experience in database technologies like Oracle, Cassandra or MongoDB.
- Hands-on work experience with regards to at least two or more of the following:
- Data engineering & server-side integration work, particularly with distributed clusters and frameworks
- Object-oriented analysis and design & design patterns
- Server-side RESTful microservices
- Programming for concurrency & scalability
· Experience working on teams using agile methodologies
Preferred Skills :
· Ability to do development in python
· Experience in working with NoSQL databases
- Asynchronous messaging platforms, like Kafka
- Container orchestration frameworks like Kubernetes or OpenShift
· Experience in working with Google cloud