Founded in 1997 with a mission to amplify the love, hope and compassion in the world, making each health journey easier, CaringBridge is the largest, oldest and most widely used social networking site for family and friends to communicate with loved ones during a health journey. Based in Minnesota, we are proud of our global reach and nonprofit status with nearly 90% of our funding coming from the people who have experienced the power of CaringBridge firsthand. Since our founding, more than half a million CaringBridge websites have been created and it’s become an indispensable part of many users’ lives. Every twelve minutes, a CaringBridge website is created for someone experiencing a health event.
Primary Objective of Position
You will analyze, develop, create and modify web-based software solutions to meet organizational needs, including solutions for mobile applications and product offerings. Working within cross-functional teams in an iterative, Agile process, you will contribute to designs; implement prototypes for feedback; research technical solutions and third-party products for possible integration; implement production code; coordinate with system architects; and adapt to evolving business conditions in a collaborative, team-centric environment with very rapid execution. Excellent technical, communication and collaboration skills are required, along with commitment to enabling individual colleagues and the team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop mobile applications based on business needs and requirements.
· Collaborate with business owners and subject matter experts to identify key business objectives relating to CaringBridge mobile and web technologies.
· Review code and software module designs and components to improve quality and reuse.
· Create documentation to support the development of applications (requirements, design documents, etc.).
· Create unit tests for developed applications.
· Research and identify application opportunities around performance, scalability and maintainability.
· Provide back-up support for others in the technology team as need arises.
· Establish and sustain interactive relationships with external vendors and contacts to result in favorable networks to support the current and future goals of the organization and to benchmark practices/results to maximize organizational effectiveness.
· Stay current on market, competition and trends including tactics, field concepts and practices applying them to strategies when applicable.
· Keep manager informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management. Coordinate/communicate plans and activities with others, as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
· Perform related work as apparent or assigned.
Experience and Technical Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, technology, or related field.
· 5-7 years of experience in computer science, technology or position of similar responsibilities.
· 2+ years’ experience building mobile applications in Objective-C or Swift
· 2+ years’ experience creating user interfaces with UIKit, AppKit, or SwiftUI
· Familiarity with essential tools (Xcode, lldb, Instruments)
· Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming
· Strong knowledge of Web Services, REST
· Knowledge of Unit Testing and Test Automation practices
· Framework experience: Zend Framework 2 preferred
· Experience with NoSQL or SQL. MongoDB preferred.
Be a place of belonging where people feel welcomed, supported, and not alone.
Honor the individual journey to encourage and uplift the people we serve and one another.
Keep It Simple-
Be purposeful and clear to solve the burden of being overwhelmed.
Lead the way to create lasting impact.
This position is hybrid, with required quarterly in-office meetings at our Bloomington, MN location.
Through your LinkedIn profile and attach you resume.
Notice: Applicants must have the legal authorization to work for any employer in the United States. We are currently unable to sponsor or assume sponsorship of employment visas. Additionally, please note that this position requires quarterly required in-office work at our Bloomington, MN location.
3600 American Boulevard, Suite 405
Bloomington, MN 55431