Working Title: IT Business Analyst
Job Class: Information Technology Specialist 3
Agency: Minnesota IT Services
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 11/15/2023
- Closing Date: 11/21/2023
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota IT Services
- Division/Unit: Department of Human Services / Systems & Business Analysis
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
- Days of Work: Monday – Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $31.47 – $51.73 / hourly; $65,709 – $108,012 / annually
- Job Class Option: Business Analyst
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 – MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Telework Eligible: Yes
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities: Yes
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you’ll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
Join the 2,500+ professionals of Minnesota IT Services (MNIT) who connect Minnesotans to services that will improve their lives. This position serves our partners at Minnesota’s largest state agency, the Department of Human Services (DHS). The MNIT DHS team supports complex and varied technical needs, including systems that provide health care coverage, deliver child protection and welfare services, and provide support for Minnesotans with special needs including mental illness, chemical dependencies, and physical or developmental disabilities.
As an IT Business Analyst, you will perform IT business analysis functions supporting the development of IT application projects. You will use a set of tasks and techniques to successfully act as a liaison among stakeholders in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization to document requirements and to recommend solutions that enable projects to be successful and goals to be met. You will also work as a liaison between IT and business representatives, analyzing business activities and presenting the findings for analysis of solutions to purchase, implement, or develop. This includes working with development team members by collaborating on the development, testing, deployment, and adoption of solutions. In addition, you will be responsible for communicating and consulting with system user populations concerning system changes and implementation planning for changes and releases.
This position is currently eligible for full-time telework:
- Telework for Minnesota IT Services allows an employee to perform work from a telework location and an employee may be required to be in the office based on business needs and other dependencies in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
- Only candidates located in Minnesota and bordering states (Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin) are telework eligible.
**This job posting will be used to fill multiple positions. All applicants will be considered for all vacancies.**
Candidates must clearly demonstrate all of the following qualifications in their resume:
This position requires a minimum of three (3) years of experience in performing IT business analysis functions.
Experience must also include:
- Gathering and communicating business needs and functional requirements via one or more of the following: High Level Requirements, Use Cases, Test Cases, Specifications, User Stories, Business Process Models, UML Diagrams, and Wireframes
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple deadlines and work independently, define problems as they arise, and recommend alternative solutions
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills in problem definition, information gathering and research, root cause analysis, alternatives analysis, applying creative solutions to unique and/or immediate problems, and appropriate resolution implementation
- Ability to communicate clearly, present complex information to users in a comprehensive style, and translate technical and system information for non-technical stakeholders in a timely manner within a fast-paced environment
- Customer service skills that include active listening, empathy, and problem-solving.
A master’s degree in Information Technology or a related field substitutes for three (3) years of experience, OR a related bachelor’s degree substitutes for two (2) years, OR a related associate’s degree substitutes for one (1) year.
- Experience with at least one application development methodology of Waterfall, Rational Unified Process, or Agile (Scrum/Kanban).
- Experience with MMIS, NCPDP transactions, and/or EDI healthcare claims transactions
It is the policy of Minnesota IT Services that a successful candidate must pass all legally required checks prior to employment which may consist of the following:
- SEMA4 Records Check (applies to current and past state employees only)
- Criminal History Check
- Reference Check
- Social Security and Address Verification
- Education Verification
- Other legally required checks
Minnesota IT Services will not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.