Working Title: Manager – Business Systems Analysis, Scrum Masters
Job Class: Systems Supervisor
Agency: Minnesota IT Services
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 08/14/2023
- Closing Date: 09/08/2023
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota IT Services
- Division/Unit: Department of Public Safety/Bureau of Criminal Apprehension
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
- Days of Work: Monday – Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $37.81 – $64.89 / hourly; $78,947 – $135,490 / annually
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 216 – Middle Management Association/MMA
- FLSA Status: Exempt – Executive
- Telework Eligible: Yes – #LI-Hyrid
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities: Yes
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you’ll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
Join the 2,500+ professionals of Minnesota IT Services (MNIT) who connect Minnesotans to services that will improve their lives. This position serves our partners at the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA) within the Department of Public Safety (DPS). MNIT BCA provides comprehensive IT operations and support services, custom application development, and dedicated business-specific support functions for investigative and specialized law enforcement services. You will support an agency that partners with law enforcement, public safety, and criminal justice agencies to prevent and solve crimes.
This position provides leadership and management oversight for business systems analysis efforts and Scrum framework coaching/mentoring for application development and technical product teams within the Minnesota Justice Information Systems (MNJIS) at the BCA. These teams work on information technology initiatives that support strategic departmental and organizational objectives in an agile environment. This position is accountable for guiding, developing, coordinating and directing organization-wide business systems analysis standards, guidelines, processes, tools, and measures for information technology services within the organization, as well as providing management oversight and coaching to a team of business analysts, some of which conduct scrum master functions. Responsibilities also include centralized management of business rules and requirements for business products, features, and the enterprise. This position is critical to promoting collaboration and teamwork across all MNJIS teams including software development, quality assurance, project management, enterprise architecture, network operations, and technical support to implement business systems analysis best practices in all dimensions of software development and technical support.
As a member of the MNJIS Management Team, this position participates in long-term, organizational planning by creating the MNJIS four-year strategic plans and is responsible for implementing strategies to meet MNJIS, BCA, DPS, and MNIT strategic goals.
This position requires an employee to be onsite at the work location 3 days per week.
- Telework for Minnesota IT Services allows an employee to perform work from a telework location and an employee may be required to be in the office based on business needs and other dependencies.
- Only candidates located in Minnesota and bordering states (Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin) are telework eligible.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate all of the following qualifications in their resume:
Position requires a minimum of four (4) years of experience in IT theory, principles, and practices of business and technical analysis in an agile environment. Work experience must include two years of lead work or supervisory experience.
Experience must include:
- Selection, training, development and evaluation of business analyts to ensure desired performance outcomes. Establishment and communication of clear performance standards and delivery of performance evaluations.
- Working with large-scale software development projects to include analysis, software development, testing and deployment.
- Software development lifecycle theory, principles, and practices.
- Business, data, and technical analysis principals, techniques, and tools.
- Experience with use of Agile methodologies, Scrum and Kanban frameworks, and user story writing (Behavior Driven Development (BDD) preferred).
It is the policy of the Minnesota IT Services that all employees submit to a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
- SEMA4 Records Check (applies to current and past state employees only)
- Criminal History Check
- Employment Reference Check
- Social Security and Address Verification Education Verification
- Fingerprinting Background
- Check Drug Screening
- Other legally required checks
*Minnesota IT Services will not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.*
- Experience in a criminal justice information technology environment or combination of related fields.
- Knowledge of human resource policies, procedures, and labor contracts sufficient to interview and select affirmatively, assign, schedule, direct, train and evaluate the work performance of business analysis and scrum master staff.
- Principles, methods and techniques for mentoring/coaching staff members.
- Ability to plan strategically, appropriately and effectively set priorities, and adapt to a quickly changing environment.
- Communicate verbally and in writing sufficient to communicate expectations to technical and managerial teams, communicate technical information to non-technical audiences, and effectively represent the agency to external customers or stakeholders.
- Strategically identify, plan, and execute on long-range business systems analysis goals and needs to meet organizational strategies and priorities.
- Ability to strategically plan, visualize and iterate long-range business systems analysis goals and needs.