SPS Commerce is seeking a Manager I, Corporate Applications who will be responsible for ensuring our corporate applications are available and meet the needs of the business. These systems include but aren’t limited to email, phone, issue tracking, and chat. You won’t do this alone; you’ll manage a team of applications experts and help them to continue to grow in their careers.
Based in our office in downtown Minneapolis, our hybrid work model provides the best of both worlds.
We #succeedtogether through in person collaboration, balanced with remote work to provide balance and flexibility.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re a collaborator who influences decisions while working collectively with a team.
- You are a leader who likes to roll up your sleeves and get into the day-to-day work.
- You’re excited to bring new ideas to the table and share your past experiences.
Why join SPS?
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers, and logistics partners to work better together with our people, our process, and our tech products. We have the world’s largest retail network, and we don’t just lead the industry, we are the industry.
At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources, and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don’t just grow here, they’re made here.
What is the day-to-day like?
You will lead the Corporate Applications team ensuring they are aligned to meet the current needs and future direction of SPS Commerce per our technology plans. The team is responsible for designing, configuring, monitoring, maintaining, and ensuring operational applications meet their service level goals.
- Manage and support a diverse set of applications including: O365, 8×8, JIRA, Confluence, Intercom, and Slack
- Manages staff to accomplish results through effective recruitment, selection, training, development, performance management and recognition by providing regular feedback, coaching, and development opportunities.
- Acts as a manager and/or technical subject matter expert where required, using a combination of insights in technology and ongoing business needs to make impactful application architecture and design decisions.
- Manage the deployment, configuration, and ongoing operations of applications used in the SPS Commerce corporate environments.
- Manage 3rd party relationships with software vendors in order to meet SPS’ needs.
- Oversee agile and workflow processes utilizing Jira.
- Collaborate with other business units throughout the org both local and global to develop, scale, and improve production systems and services.
- Manage the monitoring and administration of applications as assigned to provide appropriate documentation, cross-training, capacity management, and recommendations for future state.
- Manage and participate in an on-call support schedule.
- Manage projects and set direction for technical staff.
What experience and skills do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years relevant experience with demonstrated leadership experience (formal or informal) or 6 years of experience without a degree.
- Proficient in administering Microsoft 365 Enterprise Applications, Azure AD (Entra ID), and related stack.
- Proficient in administering chat and collaboration solutions, such as Zoom, Slack, Intercom, Teams
- Experience in telephony administration, including call center configuration (8×8)
- Ability to create strong relationships with team members and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience in scripting to automate task and monitoring (e.g. PowerShell)
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and coordination skills
What experience is preferred?
- Experience working for a Technology company.
- Experience managing remote employees or contractors.
SPS Commerce offers a comprehensive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k), health and flexible spending accounts, stock purchase plan and more!
** EOE including disability / veteran **