Please note that this is a hybrid position is based in our office in downtown Minneapolis, MN
SPS Commerce is hiring! We have an immediate opening for a Manager I, Development on our Trading Partner Development team. In this role you will build a relationship of trust with direct reports that includes coaching, developing, and managing employee performance. You will partner closely with your aligned teams within Customer Success to help ensure the successful and timely delivery your team’s work . They will also partner with development and product teams to identify product, tooling and process efficiencies that will improve TPD’s workflow and to deliver on network dependencies necessary for product roadmaps.
Based in our office in downtown Minneapolis, our hybrid work model provides the best of both worlds.
We #succeedtogether through in person collaboration, balanced with remote work to provide balance and flexibility.
Does this sound like you?
- You enjoy mentoring, leading, and growing a group of talented engineers, while leading a group of cross-functional technical roles.
- You have a Succeed Together mentality and consistently Get After It.
- You enjoy partnering with internal stakeholders to deliver high-quality solutions to meet the needs of our end-customers.
- You are a strong culture builder of quality and continuous improvement.
Why join SPS?
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers, and logistics partners to work better together with our people, our process, and our tech products. We have the world’s largest retail network, and we don’t just lead the industry, we are the industry.
At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources, and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don’t just grow here, they’re made here.
What is the day-to-day like?
You will manage a team of Individual Contributors of Business Analysts, Software Engineers, and Quality Engineers for one of our delivery teams. Team members range from Associate to Senior-level.
- Partner with other SPS internal teams to identify and develop cross-team interactions and tool/process efficiency gains for SPS product or multiple products.
- Build a strong team culture centered on passion for delivering customer value and innovation.
- Collaborate with other TPD delivery managers and individual contributors across multiple geographies – need to be flexible in meeting times and communication methods to be successful.
- Collaborate on team initiatives, ensuring team remains on track and accountable for commitments.
- Act as front-line management of 5-10 technical professionals.
- Encourage team to grow and mentor team members and guide individual contributors in their career development.
- Foster a strong team morale in a fast-paced, action-packed environment. Mentor within and outside of core team. Coordinate training and documentation materials across the department.
- Work in concert with other development managers to make strategic decisions for the advancement and success of their department and the tech organization.
- Facilitate the adoption of new technology advancements and foster a healthy continuous improvement culture within the team.
What experience and skills do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of relevant experience with demonstrated leadership/influence success at the team or department level or 6 years of experience without a degree.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to successfully manage multiple initiatives.
- Proven ability to engage cross-functionally on a regional and international level.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Adaptable and responsive to change with an ability to refocus efforts into positive outcomes.
What experience is preferred?
- Experience managing a delivery team.
- Working knowledge of agile delivery concepts.
- Background in data mapping, testing best practice.
SPS Commerce offers a comprehensive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k), health and flexible spending accounts, stock purchase plan and more.
** EOE including disability / veteran **