Working Title: Power Platform Developer
Job Class: Information Technology Specialist 2
Agency: Minnesota IT Services
This position was previously announced on 06/01/2023 -06/13/2023. If you already applied for this job, you don’t need to reapply.
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 11/15/2023
- Closing Date: 11/28/2023
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota IT Services
- Division/Unit: Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift / 08:00 a.m. – 04:30 p.m.
- Days of Work: Monday – Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $26.56- $43.20 / hourly; $55,457 – $90,201 / annually
- Classified Status: Unclassified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 – MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
- End Date: 11/14/2026
- FLSA Status: Nonexempt
- Telework Eligible: Yes, #LI-Hybrid
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities: No
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you’ll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
Join the 2,500+ professionals of Minnesota IT Services (MNIT) who connect Minnesotans to services that will improve their lives. in government IT. This position serves our partners at the Minnesota Department of Transportation (MnDOT). MNIT MnDOT supports an agency with technology integrated into all areas of business. From business intelligence and solutions for critical transportation infrastructure to planning and operating a safe, efficient, and reliable multimodal transportation system, the team connects people and markets across Minnesota.
As a Power Platform Developer, you will provide Microsoft 365 (M365) Power Platform development and support services to MnDOT and MNIT at DOT. The primary purpose is to deliver Power Apps and Power Automate development and support services, which also includes analysis and design work. This position also provides development and support for other M365 services that include, but are not limited to, SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, and Microsoft Forms. You will receive, assign, coordinate, and monitor M365 service work requests.
This position is currently eligible for full-time telework:
- Telework for Minnesota IT Services allows an employee to perform work from a telework location and an employee may be required to be in the office based on business needs and other dependencies in St. Paul, Minnesota.
- Only candidates located in Minnesota and bordering states (Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin) are telework eligible.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate all of the following qualifications in their resume:
Position requires a minimum of two (2) years of IT related experience with application design, development, support, and maintenance, including hardware and operating systems.
Experience must include:
- Technical knowledge and development experience of Microsoft Power Apps and Power Automate.
- Technical knowledge of Microsoft 365 (M365) SharePoint Online and Microsoft Teams.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, and Access.
A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field will substitute for two (2) years of experience, OR a related associate’s degree substitutes for one (1) year.
- Technical knowledge and development experience of Microsoft InfoPath and Microsoft Flow.
- Basic analytical, technical research, and problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of eliciting, documenting, and analyzing business and technical requirements.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft 365 productivity applications and services, and ability to apply that knowledge to business needs, requests, and solutions.
- Basic understanding or iterative and agile application development practices.
- Ability to research and evaluate emerging M365 technology, tools, and functionality.
- Ability to describe technical concepts in an understandable manner.
- Ability to effectively document written technical instructions for understanding by non-technical audiences.
- Ability to build constructive and effective relationships.
- Strong communication skills.
This position is based in St. Paul, Minnesota. This position will require the employee to be in the office based on business needs and other dependencies.
**Successful candidate must pass past-employer reference checks and a criminal history verification**
It is the policy of the Minnesota IT Services that all employees submit to a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
- SEMA4 Records Check
- Criminal History Check
- Employment Reference Check
- Social Security and Address Verification
- Other legally required records checks
Minnesota IT Services will not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.