Please apply online using a laptop or desktop computer.
This position is responsible for delivering successful technical solutions for Be The Match/NMDP. The individual is responsible for development and support activities in domain with minimal supervision and guidance. This is a remote position (US). #LI-Remote
Check out our video Saving Lives: It’s the Best Job Ever
Participates in the schedule definition, system design, scope definition and development/selection of software solutions:
- Works with a team or independently to research and define user requirements and understand their needs, address those needs, handle problems as they arise, and escalate issues as required.
- With minimal direction, works to formulate system scope, objectives, requirement, and design documentation.
- Works with team to provide information and development schedules for assigned work.
- Creates appropriate documentation for all application modifications and new development.
- Develops applications/enhancements within Be The Match/NMDP defined architecture and following the predefined processes/methodologies.
- Proactively communicates with and coordinates activities with other team members.
Provides Support for Solution Team:
- Works with team members to develop, maintain and improve critical internal and external production applications.
- Works with Infrastructure and Service Desk teams to identify, diagnose and remediate production system issues.
- Provides timely status updates for assigned work to the team members and leadership.
- Researches the changing marketplace to keep current with technology and upgrades.
- Provides production system support as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of the development life cycle including testing process and methods, variable programming fundamentals, conditional execution, data structures, compilation and debugging tools.
- Advanced knowledge of Agile and object-oriented software development methodologies.
- Knowledge of Dev/Ops
- Blue/Green deployment methodologies
- Knowledge of micro-service architecture and the re-architecture of monolithic applications.
- Cloud technologies (specifically AWS)
- Work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Be a self-starter and self-motivated team player able to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- Demonstrate attention to detail with a quality focus.
- Possess and demonstrate strong organizational, analytical, innovative, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to mentor others on the development team and lead technical solution development.
- Be self-directed and able to effectively work independently or within project teams.
- Must exemplify our Be The Match Standards.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, math, or related technical field that required extensive computer programming. Equivalent related experience and/or education may be substituted for the degree.
- Seven years technical work experience, working independently and in a team-based software development environment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: (Additional qualifications that may make a person even more effective in the role, but are not required for consideration)
- Depending upon area of assignment/focus, necessary skills and experience must include the following:
- Java EE, JMS, Angular (or REACT), testing automation scripting, DEV/Ops processes including CI/CD, and relational databases/SQL.
- The following skills, platforms, and/or experience may also be used:
Be The Match offers regular, full-time employees medical, dental, vision, life and disability, accident/critical illness/hospital, well-being, legal, identity theft and pet benefits. Retirement, paid time off/holidays, leave and incentive plans are also offered to eligible employees. Please reference this link for more information: Be The Match Benefit Information