The Infrastructure Security Team is responsible for the security and risk management of the AWS Infrastructure. We build systems that detect, assess, and mitigate risk across the global infrastructure and are accountable for keeping the Amazon Infrastructure secure and compliant with customer requirements. The Infrastructure Security Team is looking for a Security Engineer to join our Infrastructure Governance, Risk, and Compliance Team. The successful candidate is an owner who can deliver through high performing, diverse teams and who understands all parts of security, software development, deployment, and operations. You must possess strong technical networking background, verbal and written communication skills, be self-driven, demonstrate high impact and influence across teams, and deliver high quality results in a fast-paced environment. We’re looking for leaders who can lead through challenges and seek to shed light on ambiguity. If that is you, Amazon is the place to be as we solve hard problems, make history, and have fun.
Key job responsibilities
• You will lead the development, assessment, and analyzing of security considerations for AWS Infrastructure and network in accordance with HiTRUST, NIST, FedRAMP, ISO and departmental standards.
• Lead in the identification and drive mitigation of security risks through formal assessment activities
• Lead in the Identification and application of remediation, fix procedures, and when necessary mitigation techniques, including the development of monitoring and reporting capabilities for continued compliance.
• Lead compliance related discussions, including expert understanding of applicable compliance frameworks, architectures, and security control requirements (technical and non-technical)
• You will assist customers to resolve security issues and concerns as well as to explain how compliance with various standards and frameworks are achieved
As a member of the Infrastructure Security Compliance organization, you are expected to be the subject matter expert on regulatory, compliance, legal implications on security risks and opportunities.
About the team
We empower our leaders to take ownership of their realm and make a difference. At AWS, we are nimble and agile, like being part of a startup, innovating while collaborating with a smart group of people around you. We are thrilled about how software and hardware are changing the landscape of Infrastructure. We operate on an unimaginable scale. We push the boundaries in robustness, fault-tolerance and smart adaptive algorithms that can react intelligently to real-world events.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience in performing in depth networking security assessments
• Advanced SME knowledge of Cloud Computing, FedRAMP, ISO, NIST and other industry leading compliance frameworks.
• 4+ years experience and technical knowledge in security engineering, secure architecture development, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, applied cryptography, and application security
• Experience designing and building process automation and strong understanding of integrating with event-driven and RESTful architectures
• Self-motivated and able to work/lead in an independent manner in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, environment
• Ability to own and author original content/reports/attestations
• Weekly onsite office time is required
• Experienced with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and related terminology as it relates to Information Security/Information Assurance on the cloud
• Exceptional organizational, planning, and attention to detail skills
• Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certified
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.