**Open to 100% Remote candidates in the Midwest**
SPS Commerce is seeking a highly skilled Senior Cloud Engineer with expertise in Azure to join our Cloud Operations team. The Cloud Operations team at SPS Commerce is responsible for helping #TeamSPS fully realize the benefits, security, and safety of leveraging and investing in cloud providers. The ideal candidate should have had hands-on experience with software development practices and can develop applications that are diverse in scope, applying good judgment and problem-solving skills. This role helps mentor associates and new hires and helps drive code quality practices within their team.
Why join SPS?
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers, and logistics partners to work better together with our people, our process, and our tech products. We have the world’s largest retail network, and we don’t just lead the industry, we are the industry.
At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources, and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don’t just grow here, they’re made here.
What is the day-to-day like?
You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our cloud scaling and governance patterns, as well as providing technical support to our internal teams. In addition, you will spend your time working on Cloud Engineering tasks that enable SPS to scale in the cloud in a multi-account and multi-cloud environment. Working within a fast-paced and collaborative environment, the Sr. Cloud Engineer partners with development teams and others to provide agile, cost effective, and secure cloud strategies and environments through automation, tooling, policy, and governance.
- Engineer and maintain highly available, secure, and cost-effective tools for managing and provisioning cloud accounts and users.
- Develop and operate tooling for cloud governance and security solutions.
- Partner closely with the security team to ensure vulnerabilities are identified and remediated.
- Collaborate with technology teams to help maximize use of cloud-offered managed services.
- Optimize the use of cloud resources and services to maximize ROI and control costs.
- Ensure resiliency and high availability for our customers and participate in an On-Call rotation to support the availability demands of SPS services.
- Engineer technical solutions to prevent or reduce the frequency of failures.
- Keep current on relevant technologies and practices and collaborate with SPS Technology teams to adopt and upgrade services when appropriate.
- Help drive the code quality practices within the team and work hard to deliver a maintainable software.
What experience and skills do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and 5 years of experience in cloud engineering or 8 years of experience without a degree.
- Strong technical background in Azure.
- Proficient with Python, writing clean and maintainable code.
- Experience with Docker, cloud orchestration, build management (CodeBuild, Jenkins, or similar)
- Experience with best practices for developing and operating in the cloud and engineering IAM solutions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in methodical troubleshooting to provide resolution to incidents.
- Experience with Agile and iterative delivery
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform, or CloudFormation
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as CloudWatch, ELK, or Splunk
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
What experience is preferred?
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Linux/Unix administration experience, specifically Ubuntu, CentOS, or Redhat – in a cloud environment.
- Experience with change management and establishing proper development, testing, and staging environments.
- Strong documentation and diagraming skills.
- Ability to communicate complex processes and designs verbally.
- Experience with web application security principles
SPS Commerce offers a comprehensive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k), health and flexible spending accounts, stock purchase plan and more.
** EOE including disability / veteran **