SPS Commerce is seeking a highly skilled Senior Cloud Network Engineer with a focus on AWS to join our Cloud Operations team. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in network engineering and experience working with AWS.
Why join SPS?
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers, and logistics partners to work better together with our people, our process, and our tech products. We have the world’s largest retail network, and we don’t just lead the industry, we are the industry.
At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources, and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don’t just grow here, they’re made here.
What is the day-to-day like?
You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our cloud network infrastructure, as well as providing technical support to our internal teams. In addition, this role will be 50% of their time working on other Cloud Engineering tasks that enable SPS to scale in the cloud in a multi-account and multi-cloud environment.
- Design, implement, and maintain cloud network infrastructure, including VPCs, subnets, and security groups.
- Develop and maintain automation code for cloud network infrastructure.
- Monitor and troubleshoot cloud network infrastructure issues.
- Provide technical support to internal teams, including troubleshooting and issue resolution.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and implement solutions.
- Stay up to date with emerging trends and technologies in cloud network engineering.
- Engineer and maintain highly available, secure, and cost-effective tools for managing and provisioning cloud accounts and users.
- Develop and operate tooling for cloud networking and security solutions.
- Partner closely with the security team to ensure vulnerabilities are identified and remediated.
- Collaborate with technology teams to help maximize use of cloud-offered managed services.
- Optimize the use of cloud resources and services to maximize ROI and control costs.
- Ensure resiliency and high availability for our customers and participate in an On-Call rotation to support the availability demands of SPS services.
- Keep current on relevant technologies and practices and collaborate with SPS Technology teams to adopt and upgrade services when appropriate.
- Help drive the code quality practices within the team and work hard to deliver a maintainable software.
What experience and skills do you need?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field and 5 years of experience in networking engineering or 8 years of experience without a degree.
- Strong technical background in AWS and cloud network infrastructure
- Experience with Docker, cloud orchestration (AWS CloudFormation or HashiCorp Terraform), build management (CodeBuild, Jenkins, or similar)
- Experience with best practices for developing and operating in the cloud and engineering IAM solutions.
- Linux/Unix administration experience, specifically Ubuntu, CentOS, or Redhat – in a cloud environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in methodical troubleshooting to provide resolution to incidents.
- Experience with Agile and iterative delivery
- Experience with automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform, or CloudFormation
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as CloudWatch, ELK, or Splunk
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
What experience is preferred?
- Proficient with Python, experience writing clean and maintainable code.
- Experience with change management and establishing proper development, testing, and staging environments.
- Understanding of networking fundamentals, including: VPCs, Subnets, NAT, ACLs, Gateways, Interfaces, etc.
- Strong documentation and diagraming skills.
- Ability to communicate complex processes and designs verbally.
- Experience with web application security principles
SPS Commerce offers a comprehensive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k), health and flexible spending accounts, stock purchase plan and more.
** EOE including disability / veteran **