soona is looking for a senior data analyst who will work closely with our business leadership team in using data to inform our decision-making in marketing, finance, and related b2b processes. to be successful in this role, you should have experience in working with common business concepts like CAC, retention, attribution, LTV, and the like. you should also excel at writing efficient sql queries to transform raw data and extract the resulting metrics, performing statistically-sound analysis to yield actionable insights, and visualizing those insights in a way consumable to stakeholders with a diverse set of backgrounds/expertise. you will be part of our centralized data organization, where you will collaborate with data scientists and data engineers to create and maintain data transformations within our data pipeline and generate reports featuring your analytical results.
this is a full time position that will report directly to the senior director of data science.
soona makes it possible for brands to create professional photo and video starting at $39. our studios give customers a playground for creating their content and our online platform makes it possible for any product company in the world to experience a remote shoot. we are creating a fast casual content revolution!
soona is currently supporting a remote work environment for this role; however, we are currently looking to hire in these states only: California, Colorado, Illinois, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Texas, and Washington with requirements to be able to work in mst or cst time zones. for flex hybrid work environments, we also have office spaces in Denver, Colorado + Minneapolis, Minnesota, if that’s your thing.
about tech at soona:
an ideal candidate can:
- hit the ground running with marketing analytics, conversion measurement, customer engagement modeling, forecasting, and other analytics common to a b2b startup
- help create and maintain our multi-source data ingestion pipeline
- access data from our data warehouses to create datasets for analytics
- lean on a broad tool set of statistical techniques to analyze our data
- create clear and concise data visualizations to communicate analytics results
- deliver quality code in an agile framework that ships to a production environment
- correlate work to business KPIs and be accountable for improvement targets
- communicate with data and engineering teams as well as business stakeholders
has experience in:
- effectively communicating and coding in a remote work environment
- working with marketing, sales, and finance teams and understanding their target KPIs
- looker or equivalent data reporting platform
- sql – optimizing performance/transformation efficiencies on OLAP data warehouses
- dbt – our primary data transformation layer
- customer analytics tools like google analytics, amplitude
- marketing platforms like google ads, facebook business manager, etc (preferred)
- segment, airbyte or equivalent data-ingestion platforms (preferred)
- python – the core language of the data organization (preferred)
- aws or equivalent cloud environment (preferred)
- working in a startup environment (preferred)
we can offer:
- starting salary: $100,000 – $125,000
- benefits & perks + unlimited pto + intentional culture
- really badass headshots