OurFamilyWizard is a technology company on a mission to help families thrive across all of life’s circumstances. We bring together two leading family management brands: OurFamilyWizard, the world’s most trusted co-parenting application, and Cozi, the #1 family organizing app.
Cozi is the leading family calendar and organizing app, helping millions of families manage busy family life and receiving over 250,000 5-star ratings. OurFamilyWizard is a SaaS technology platform that enables families to co-parent seamlessly across households. Nearly one million parents and family law practitioners have leveraged OurFamilyWizard to coordinate schedules, record documentation, exchange digital payments, and settle disputes. Together, the platforms provide a holistic set of solutions for all types of families.
We recently received a private investment round from Spectrum Equity, putting Cozi and OurFamilyWizard in the same neighborhood as Grubhub, Ancestry.com, Headspace, and others. We are looking for passionate team members to join us in accelerating our growth to the next level by reaching the millions of families who can benefit from our technology solutions.
As a Senior Engineering Manager with OurFamilyWizard you will be guiding, coaching, and leading a technical team focused on making life a little bit easier for families on their co-parenting journey. You will be responsible for nurturing your team by supporting the growth of engineers on the team and establishing strong engineering practices. We will rely on you to help your team to identify “how” a problem is solved, and plan for “when” it will be delivered.
You like spending your time leading a team, relying on their technical input, and supporting a diverse collection of individuals in coming together to solve problems and create products that as a whole are greater than the sum of their parts.
What you will accomplish:
Building relationships, developing trust.
The first 30 days will be spent building rapport with reports, product and engineering peers, and partners across the business. This initial acclimation period will have you immersed in our product lifecycle rituals including planning new work, conducting sprints, releasing code to production, and maintaining and sustaining existing features. Our expectation is that by the end of your initial month you are driving standup meetings, meeting 1:1 with direct reports, and building partnerships with peers and teammates who are critical to the team’s operations.
Focusing on consistency.
By day 60, our sprint estimations should be accurate within a ~30% margin. You will support consistent execution that minimizes disruption by advocating for simple solutions, ensuring complexity is aligned to value, coaching the team on technical best practices, facilitating collaboration, and keeping tasks small and approachable. You’ll facilitate a collaborative approach to addressing challenges with a sustained focus on customer value: what is the pain point to families, why are we solving it (now), and finally how?
Beyond the first couple of months, you’ll have opportunities to affect org-wide change as it relates to appropriate career laddering, growth opportunities for engineers, performance management processes, and aligning staff to product and engineering challenges.
Measure What Matters.
Going into your third month, we’re hoping for an audit of our current tech stack and reporting capabilities. We’re continuously improving, and excited to have a new leader bring a fresh, pragmatic perspective to help us upgrade existing tools, implement new technology, reorient the team around new priority metrics, and drive towards creating a greater evidence-based technical culture.
What you bring:
- 2+ years’ experience managing cross-functional software development teams
- Strong technical aptitude with broad experience shipping code
- Experience running the day-to-day operations of an agile engineering team
- Knowledge and experience in the basics of agile: planning, estimation, backlogs, standups, and retrospectives
- Experience in Jira and automated tooling frameworks
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to efficiently and effectively manage multiple concurrent projects
Who you are:
- Servant leader. You measure your impact as a leader by the success of the team, and ensure the success of the collective by supporting, challenging, and appreciating the individuals.
- Curious operator. You value the variance in challenges a cross-functional team encounters and embrace unexpected hurdles with a mindset that seeks to understand the landscape before charting a course towards a solution.
- Courageous problem-solver. You’re able to efficiently facilitate decision making through just-in-time learning, but ultimately value quick feedback and speed-to-learning over a cautious path to the perfect approach.
- Pragmatic optimizer. You identify when something’s harder than it should be, articulate why change is needed, and affect change through incremental improvements towards an audacious end goal.
- Low ego, high integrity. You value doing what’s right for our customers and our team over being right.
What would be great to have:
- Experience in any of the following development technologies a plus – Java, React, Kotlin, SQL
- Statistics and analytics experience
- Agile or Scrum related certifications
Great mission. Creating a safe and productive environment for families to co-exist is extremely important for us; we’ve been doing it for 20 years and are deeply motivated by adding value to the lives of parents, children, and practitioners.
Growing team. While we’ve been around for a while, we continue to evolve and innovate. That’s what keeps us going! You’ll have an opportunity to contribute meaningfully to our organization as we hit our second stride.
Amazing Culture. OurFamilyWizard has a positive and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together, we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative.
Here’s a list of our key benefits:
- Full Medical: OFW Pays 100% of the premium for employee AND additional family members
- 401k: Up to a 4% match with immediate vesting
- 12 weeks paid leave for all new parents
- Learning & Development stipend for employees
- 12 Paid Holidays + Paid Winter Break
- Supportive and flexible working environment – work from anywhere!
Come As You Are!
OurFamilyWizard provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.