This role is hybrid, which means you will work some days on site at a Best Buy location and some days virtually from home or other non-Best Buy location. The specific work arrangements vary by role and team. The recruiter or hiring manager will provide more details during the hiring process.For this role, you must be located within a drivable distance to our office in Richfield, Minnesota, or Atlanta, Georgia.
What you’ll do
- Lead a team of front-end developers and establish best-practices around agile development principles on a distributed, hybrid team
- As the manager of the team, you will be responsible for the SDLC process and implementing agile ceremonies and practices on the team.
- Lead a team of skilled developers to create scalable experiences for BestBuy.com, Best Buy mobile app, and our retail store locations
- Lead the design and architecture for the Deals systems, while staying engaged at the coding level – including code reviews and hands-on coding
- Foster an inclusive work environment, where all team members feel safe and can be at their best while at work
- Collaborate between designers, engineers, and product managers
- Mentor and delegate work to encourage the growth of your team members in their own career journeys
- Show a commitment to delivery deadlines, in particular, seasonal and vendor partner deadlines that are critical to Best Buy’s continued success
- Identify needed skills and capabilities on the team and work to fill those roles through hiring and training
- Work with multiple teams and stakeholders on small, medium, and large scale initiatives
- 5 or more years of progressive responsibilities in application development, application delivery, software design, and architecture, or building web applications
- 2 years of development experience using React, React Native and Node.js
- 2 years of development experience with Java, Groovy, Spring, Rest APIs, or similar technologies
- 1 year of leading teams using agile SDLC principles using Kanban or a similar iterative approach for estimating, planning, retrospectives, etc.
- Ability to lead team development best practices such as TDD, CI/CD, Monitoring, etc.
- Ability to build and optimize web applications and platforms in a cloud
- environment with a solid understanding of system design
- Ability to lead collaboration between engineers and product managers
- Excellent communication skills, especially when working with a distributed team
- Ability to triage and manage complex, production issues
- Experience with Akamai, GraphQL, and caching strategies
- Knowledge of and working experience with open-source software as well as networks, security, firewalls, load balancers, DNS, and other infrastructure components
What’s in it for you
We’re committed to helping our people thrive at work and at home. We offer generous benefits that address your total well-being and provide support as you need it, especially at key moments in your life.
Our benefits include:
- Competitive pay
- Generous employee discount
- Financial savings and retirement resources
- Support for your physical and mental well-being
As part of the Best Buy team, you’ll help us fulfill our purpose to enrich lives through technology. We bring that to life every day by humanizing and personalizing tech solutions for every stage of life — in our stores, online, and in customers’ homes.
Our culture is built on deeply supporting and valuing our amazing employees who make it all possible. We’re committed to being a great place to work, where you can unlock unique career possibilities. Above all, we aim to provide a place where you can bring your full, authentic self to work now and into the future. Tomorrow works here.™