The Life Time Technology team is at the forefront of the evolution of Life Time into a digital-first company, transforming existing experiences and creating brand new ones both online and in our clubs. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment with the latest technologies and have a passion for health and fitness – we should meet. Work is a team effort, and we are a highly motivated, highly collaborative team; we always win or lose together. We invest in our team members and ensure they have the tools and opportunities to learn, grow and thrive. We offer an incredible benefits package, generous club discounts, and a fully subsidized Signature Life Time membership. Want to Love Your Life? Join our team.team is at the forefront of the evolution of Life Time into a digital-first company,
Senior Software Engineers within the Life Time Technology group are responsible for delivering the technical design and development of software components for assigned projects. This individual will be working as part of an agile development team that focuses on delivering high-quality solutions that enable our various lines of business to achieve their goals.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, code, and test technical solutions with an emphasis on Test Driven Development
- Proactively work with Business Analysts to understand project requirements
- Recognize and effectively communicate risks to project timelines and quality
- Strive to eliminate defects as early as possible by actively participating in code reviews
- Support and help guide the evolution of the system’s architecture. Identify system deficiencies and proactively recommend solutions
- Increase efficiency of team by mentoring other team members. Understand and communicate technical and functional design requirements to other team members.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 6+ years of experience in the software industry
- 4+ years of experience using Java
- Strong experience with Agile and Scrum
- Strong experience with REST / SOAP services
- Experience with Spring / Spring Boot
- Experience with Azure API Management or another similar API gateway platform
- Experience with Azure Service Bus or other similar cloud messaging platform
- Experience with J2EE (JSP/Servlet/JDBC/JMS/EJB/JPA)
- Experience with CI/CD helping to move the team forward in maturity
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with source control (Git)
- Knowledge of integration tools & techniques (Orchestration, SOA, XML, JSON, SOAP, REST, etc.)
- Strong communicator – able to explain complex technical situations to relatively non-technical co-workers and key business stakeholders
- Cool under pressure, able to simultaneously manage many details and priorities
- Able to lead a complex technical project through to completion
- Solution oriented mindset – creative use of technology and alternative approaches.
- Able to work with teams to balance solution vs budget, schedule and tools
- Equally able to work with creative, business and technical people
- Has appreciation of marketing strategy and business strategy and ability to determine the best technical solutions to support these strategies
- Focus on broad technical expertise
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies, and ability to do so quickly, on the job
Life Time is a place for everyone. As an organization, we are committed to an inclusive, diverse and equitable workplace that respects and celebrates the unique contributions of each individual while ensuring we remain an equal opportunity employer that recruits, hires, trains and promotes based on merit and qualifications.