The SPS Commerce product management team is growing and we’re adding a Sr. Product Manager who will develop the strategy and roadmap that integrates market, customer, and SPS business needs. The ability to translate strategy to action is critical in this role and requires close partnership with UX designers and product owners to ensure requirements are clearly established for successful development by the technology teams.
Based in our office in downtown Minneapolis, our hybrid work model provides the best of both worlds. We #succeedtogether through occasional in person collaboration while most of our work is done remotely.
Does this sound like you?
- You are confident, driven, and self-motivated.
- You have a background in Software as a Service (SaaS) and Supply Chain.
- You enjoy working as a liaison between customers, partners, and internal stakeholders.
- You enjoy collaborating with your peers across teams and maintain open lines of communication.
Why join SPS?
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers, and logistics partners to work better together with our people, our process, and our tech products. We have the world’s largest retail network, and we don’t just lead the industry, we are the industry.
At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources, and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don’t just grow here, they’re made here.
What is the day-to-day like?
Success is measured by impact to a product’s revenue growth, profitability, and customer retention and the ability to influence and align the organization on the strategy, roadmap, and intended business impact of the roadmap. This role requires broad thinking beyond the technology of a product to encompass the people and process that differentiate SPS as a market leader. The Sr. Product Manager creates this perspective through developing deep market, prospect, and customer knowledge using appropriate market research tactics; and by developing a deep business knowledge through strong partnerships with sales, customer success, UX and technology.
- Define a product lifecycle strategy based on market and business needs, and drive alignment to the strategy and roadmap with key stakeholders across the sales, customer success, and technology organizations.
- Define and manage a two-year roadmap that is derived from the product strategy and architected to deliver on growth, profitability, and retention targets.
- Develop and continuously refine your market expertise, which includes a deep understanding of how SPS products are used in the retail supply chain, customer experience needs, competition, and emerging trends related to your products.
- Partner closely with product marketing to ensure successful new product launches; and to refine go-to-market tools to position the sales team for success.
- Define epic-level requirements and ensure the product owner has a strong understanding of market needs to ensure the development teams are set up to successfully execute the product strategy.
- Accountable for revenue growth, retention, and profitability performance of your product portfolio
- Create and manage pricing and positioning strategies that facilitate an “easy to buy” customer experience and sales process.
- Partner with development leaders to provide the necessary level of scoping to ensure they can align resources to the strategic priorities.
- Responsible for decisions leading to large impact in the organization.
- Mentor team and provide informal leadership.
What experience and skills do you need?
- 5 years of related experience with a bachelor’s or 8 years of related experience without a degree
- 5 years’ experience in a business-to-business environment
- Ability to influence across the company at Executive and VP level.
- Ability to work without supervision with extensive latitude for independent judgment.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams through difficult problems and deliver a solution.
What experience is preferred?
- Experience with enterprise ERP systems ex; Oracle, SAP, JDE
- Familiarity with the ERP partner ecosystem.
SPS Commerce offers a comprehensive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k), health and flexible spending accounts, stock purchase plan and more.
** EOE including disability / veteran **