Granicus is the leading provider of citizen engagement technologies and services for the public sector, bringing governments closer to the people they serve with the first-and-only Government ExperienceCloud. Granicus works with more than 5,500 government organizations and connects more than 300 million people in the largest Citizen Subscriber Network of its kind.
Granicus is looking to expand its security engineering program and is looking for someone to provide expertise to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the organization. If you’re a self-starter who wants to help automate security processes, improve the utilization of tooling, assist in building secure cloud-based environments, and work with other technology teams to build a secure environment, then we want to hear from you. Our core beliefs are building trust within the organization as well as with our clients, building strong intergroup relationships, evolving knowledge, and always being on the lookout for ways to improve.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as subject matter expert for all Cyber Security detection engineering, incident response, digital forensics, and threat hunting activities
- SOC Engineering: responsible for building and optimizing all detection and response capabilities operationalized in the Security Operations Center (SOC)
- Detection Engineering: design and configuration of Cyber Security Operations correlation and alerting to ensure coverage against known malicious tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs)
- Incident Response: drafting, publishing, training, and updating Incident Handling playbooks
- Incident Response: serve as escalation point for Cyber Security incident response
- Deliver actionable threat hunting capabilities to be operationalized in the SOC
- Provide mentorship and leadership for other Cyber Defense personnel
- Research new security technology trends that can be used to reduce exposure
- Work with cross functional teams as a security representative during incidents
- Participate in an on-call rotation to ensure 24×7 escalation support for incidents
- Ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information assets
- Expert level knowledge of detection engineering, incident response, digital forensics, and threat hunting activities
- Broad and deep expertise in common operating systems internals
- Advanced understanding of common threat actor TTPs
- Advanced understanding of how and where to research emerging TTPs
- Advanced understanding of Cyber Security detection and response processes, methodologies, and tools
- Strong sense of ownership and ability to be a self-starter
- Ability to work independently to accomplish assigned objectives with minimal supervision
- Experience in a common scripting language like Python, Powershell, etc
- Familiarity with IDS/IPS, SIEM, DLP, WAF, firewalls, vulnerability management systems, and endpoint security products, including management and configuration of the tools
- Ability to write technical Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and train team members
What’s In It For You?
- Helping people engage with government and get things done in a more efficient manner
- A flexible, “work from anywhere” mentality
- Flexible time off that’s not limited by accruals
- The use of cutting edge technology
- Working with collaborative teams that want to make the world a better place
NOTE: Granicus is subject to the Executive Order requiring employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
Salary range between $140,000 – $150,000 + bonus
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
– Flexible Time Off
– Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
– 401(k) plan with matching contribution
– Tuition & Training Reimbursement
– Paid Parental Leave
– Employer-paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
– Group legal coverage
– Transit and/or parking supplement for office-based employees
– Free snacks and drinks in our offices
– And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: $140,000 - $150,000
Compensation Type: Salaried
Posted by Granicus on August 29, 2022