Do Great Work, Have Great Lives — Clockwork has built its culture, its teams and its client base around this motto.
Are you looking for a place where you can bring your expertise to challenging and meaningful work? Is a remote-first environment and healthy work/life balance important to you? Read on.
Clockwork is looking for a Senior Software Engineer (minimum 3-4 years of professional experience) specializing in front-end development. As a Senior Software Engineer at Clockwork, you’ll be part of a small, collaborative, cross-functional agile team working with strategists, designers and other software engineers. Together, you’ll tackle gnarly problems and find creative solutions to delight our clients as you work towards the prime directive for Senior Software Engineers at Clockwork: create pragmatic solutions to meet our client’s needs.
Clockwork is an independent digital agency working with companies to conceive, design, build, and evolve technology solutions for 20 years. We’re smart and curious, creative and collaborative, and constantly fueled by challenge. We’re headquartered in our iconic renovated service station building in Minneapolis, but we work from wherever we feel most productive – always closely connected with our teammates and clients. We are an equal-opportunity employer, deeply committed to creating an inclusive employee experience. We welcome people regardless of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
We expect someone in this role to:
- Build trust with clients by managing expectations and explaining technical approaches, concepts, decisions, and details in an easily understandable way
- Work collaboratively with a dedicated cross-functional team, including a designer, backend software engineers, and a user experience strategist
- Coach and mentor engineers on your team with empathy and unblock them when they need support overcoming a technical challenge
- Foster a spirit of continuous improvement by applying learnings from past engagements, delivering value incrementally and often, and putting people at the center of the work
- Deliver solutions that are right-sized, accessible, secure, and compatible with major browsers
- Have strong front-end development skills with an ability to flex into backend development from time-to-time
- Build themes and templates for WordPress and Craft
- Build and support React and Vue applications
- Have a strong understanding of common front-end build technologies such as NPM, webpack, Babel, Sass, etc.
- Work with 4-8 clients at any given time logging a minimum of 30 client billable hours per week
*Do you feel you may not meet every requirement in our job post? Clockwork is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. If you’re excited about one of our open roles, but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
For more than 20 years, Clockwork has delivered human-centered experiences and right-sized solutions to clients across various industries. We are a values-driven organization: we tell the truth and keep our promises; we’re helpful, adaptable, curious, and fueled by challenge.
We aim to create an inclusive and respectful workplace for all people*. We know that diversity of identities, experiences, and ways of thinking results in better solutions for our clients and the people they serve. And each new hire is an opportunity for us to bring a different perspective that can add to our company culture. Underrepresented communities such as people of color, women, LGBTQ, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this job.
In addition to our award-winning company culture, we also offer great benefits like:
- A hybrid work environment – work remotely or at our iconic headquarters in Northeast Minneapolis – where ever you feel most productive
- 401k and employer matching program
- Healthcare, dental, and vision coverage
- Remote working perks:
- Annual home office equipment budget
- Monthly connectivity stipend
- Family-friendly policies like flexible working schedules, babies-at-work
- Professional development time and budget
- A leadership team focused on implementing a race-equity vision
- A flexible work schedule that encourages ample paid time off and a sustainable working pace
- Generous, inclusive parental leave – 12 weeks of paid parental leave for primary caregivers and up to 4 weeks of paid parental leave for secondary caregivers
- 14 paid holidays per year, including Juneteenth, Election Day, and a weeklong winter holiday break
- Support for staff and their significant others seeking access to reproductive healthcare