Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.
Information is the lifeblood of the healthcare industry—everything depends on it. At Optum Insight Technology, you’ll help us work on streamlining the flow of information between payers, healthcare providers and various other stakeholders to deliver the right insights to the right places at the right times, driving better outcomes for patients, reducing friction in the health system and lowering costs. Every day our work directly impacts the world for the better, in meaningful and profound ways.
We live in a time of unprecedented technical capability and possibility. Health care is at a pivotal point in this journey where even small gains can lead to major transformation. You could be a part of that – you have tremendous skill and the potential to make a lasting impact. Optum Insight Technology is uniquely positioned to bring your skills to bear on these pressing and life-changing technical challenges. The health care industry has an immediate need for your drive, innovation, passion and technical insight. Help us help the millions of people we serve each day. #OptumInsightTech
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provides and prepare work-based estimation for assigned task using high level design document published by System Analyst which helps to understand the scope of the project, identify project activities, plan each activity and schedule for timely delivery
- Ensure that the business requirements are properly understood and as well assisted System Analyst in translating the business requirements into High level design
- Participates and represents Integration eligibility development team in requirements gathering meetings and works with the stakeholders to ensure the feature/story has been refined
- Recommends business process improvements for the Integration Eligibility product
- Develops and provides technical documentation, participates and oversees test-plan development, integration and deployment
- Reviews and analyzes gathered information as part of design phase, evaluates tools and methodologies to ensure that designs adhere to current industry, client and company standards
- Defines and develops project requirements, functional specifications and detailed designs of application solutions for client using appropriate development methodologies and industry standards
- Involves when necessary to write detail design specifications or work with others to write those detailed specifications. This will often require the ability to extensively investigate existing code and structures
- Develop application product using Spring framework, react and MySQL database, Kafka
- Using Spring framework to build the core business logic and the data models which being exposed over http
- Consuming services written in Spring Boot implementing REST to prefill data in the forms
- For all REST service calls API documentation Swagger API is being implemented
- Spring batch to handle bulk processing of data and handle complex business logic
- KafkaMQ for asynchronous processing of data, better performance flexible routing and delivery acknowledgements
- Write unit test cases for complex methods using spring boot testing framework
- Maintain GitHub as the version repository. Create, update and delete new branches, pull requests to merge branches is done using GitHub/GitHub client desktop
- Use Docker containers to quickly deploy the services on private cloud platform
- Use Open shift environment as private cloud computing by providing a fast and scalable way to host applications in the cloud environment
- Use Jenkins as build automation tool to run custom builds for testing and production environments
- Assist with team members to improve the company’s engineering tools, systems and procedures, and data security
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability
- Participates in the release cycle of the product, which involved environments like Development, SIT, QA, UAT and Production
- Develop Automation test suites which extensively queries database for the test data creation for all the functional flows within the application
- Document and conduct retrospectives after every iteration and came up with a document with inspect and adapt results
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together – competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan options along with participation in a Health Spending Account or a Health Saving account
- Dental, Vision, Life& AD&D Insurance along with Short-term disability and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan with a company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Voluntary Benefits (pet insurance, legal insurance, LTC Insurance, etc.)
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 4+ years in software engineering
- 3+ years of coding experience with one or more of the follow languages; Java Stack, Beam, Spark, Microservices, Spring technologies with a willingness and ability to learn new ones
- 3+ years of experience working with Oracle 11g, 12c, MySQL, NoSQL and Big data
- 3+ years of Agile development experience and knowledge of Agile ceremonies and practices
- 3+ years of experience with Unit Testing, Code Quality tools, CICD Technologies, Security and Container Technologies
- 2+ years of experience with Messaging Technologies like MQ Series, Kafka, Oracle AQ
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $82,100 to $146,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $90,500 to $161,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.