Granicus is the leading provider of citizen engagement technologies and services for the public sector, bringing governments closer to the people they serve with the first-and-only Government ExperienceCloud. Granicus works with more than 5,500 government organizations and connects more than 300 million people in the largest Citizen Subscriber Network of its kind.
Examples of our work:
– City of Oakland, California has used Granicus solutions to enhance its transparency and citizen engagement efforts.
– In the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey, the City of Hurst, Texas was inundated with calls and emails about how to provide donations, dollars or a helping hand, which consumed valuable staff time. They needed a “central source of truth” and an easier way to get vital information to residents before, during and after the hurricane.
– Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) needed an efficient way to improve and increase foster parent recruitment in the state with a 400% over goal result.
Click => Success Stories to learn more about the impactful work we’ve done in communities across the country and world.
Some quick highlights about us:
– #1 GovTech company
– 22B messages sent annually (22B is not a typo)
– 1000 global employees (~300 on the product team)
– Remote first company. Should you be seeking an in person or hybrid situation and live near one of our hubs we can accommodate you.
Click => Careers to learn more about working at Granicus.
NOTE: Granicus is subject to the Executive Order requiring employees of federal contractors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
About this role:
– Hiring Manager: Yuliang Ding – Director of Software Engineering – LinkedIn Profile
– Salary Range: $110,000 – $130,000 plus bonus (starting salary may differ by experience and/or location)
– Interview process: 5-6 steps that can be done in 2 weeks (calendars permitting)
The following is a profile or persona of who we are looking for. If you have many of the characteristics below, and we want to learn more about all your skills, please apply so we can start a conversation.
The Senior Software Engineer role at Granicus is for developers who lead the development team by example. They regularly take on the most difficult technical tasks and consistently make significant contributions to all areas of the Granicus product suite. In addition to those contributions, the Senior Software Engineer is a key contributor when new features are being groomed and planned by their team. Their application knowledge is indispensable in this area.
Senior Software Engineers not only have deep expertise in multiple different applications, but they also understand and directly contribute to the management of Granicus’s technical infrastructure.
Finally, the Senior Software Engineer is a go-to technical resource for anyone in the broader Granicus technology organization. They fully understand the deployment and support of applications in all environments and are an excellent mentor to groups and individuals within and outside of the development team.
WHAT YOU GET TO DO
- Collaborate with product management and business stakeholders to deliver SaaS based solutions
- Perform all the Essential Functions of the Granicus Software Engineer
- Be a core maintainer of multiple applications within the Granicus product suite
- Develop and maintain highly complex features for multiple applications within the Granicus product suite
- Champion the development team’s core values
- 5+ years of experience developing, testing, shipping, and supporting production-quality SaaS based web applications
- Expert-level knowledge of HTML 5, CSS, Java Script, and at least one related web framework, i.e., jQuery, Angular, or others.
- Expert-level knowledge of .NET and at least one related framework, i.e., ASP.NET WebForm/MVC, .NET Core, or others.
- Expert-level experience with relational databases (MSSQL, MySQL); Strong experience of .NET ORM Frameworks, i.e., Entity Framework.
- Strong experience developing unit tests, integration tests, E2E tests, load/stress
- Experience with Azure or AWS
- Experience building and maintaining CI/CD pipelines
- Experience with mentoring junior team members
- Commitment to quality and the craft of software development
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for learning new things and the ability to do so quickly
- Ability to serve as a technical leader of an open, collaborative, and extraordinarily skilled software development team
Responsible for Granicus information security by appropriately preserving the Confidentiality, Integrity, and Availability (CIA) of Granicus information assets in accordance with the company’s information security program.
Benefits: At Granicus, we offer a competitive benefits package that allows employees to tailor benefits to their needs. Benefits listed below are for employees based in the U.S.
– Flexible Time Off
– Medical (includes an option that is paid 100% by Granicus!), Dental & Vision Insurance
– 401(k) plan with matching contribution
– Tuition & Training Reimbursement
– Paid Parental Leave
– Employer-paid Short and Long Term Disability Insurance, Group Term Life Insurance and AD&D Insurance
– Group legal coverage
– Transit and/or parking supplement for office-based employees
– Free snacks and drinks in our offices
– And more!
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation: $110,000 - $130,000
Compensation Type: Salaried
Posted by Granicus on November 11, 2022