SPS Commerce is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer to design, develop, document, test and debug both new and existing software for our retail and 3PL customers. This position will serve as a technical expert on development projects with a group of talented and skilled engineers. The Sr. Software Engineer will have the opportunity to work with the SPS commerce Fulfillment Monitor team. This product empowers users to track and reconcile transactions across all SPS Commerce transformations.
Based in our office in downtown Minneapolis, our hybrid work model provides tremendous flexibility to work the way you work best. Although there is minimal in-office expectation, we do host team and companywide events in person a few times each year.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re a front-end development expert but you’re not afraid of backend work.
- You have a team-centric approach to work and enjoy helping others.
- You’re a natural mentor who enjoys helping others meet their full potential.
Why join SPS?
We solve retail supply chain problems by cutting through inefficiency with innovation and automation. At SPS we empower retailers, suppliers, distributors, grocers, and logistics partners to work better together with our people, our process, and our tech products. We have the world’s largest retail network, and we don’t just lead the industry, we are the industry.
At SPS, we believe every employee makes a difference. We ensure employees have the tools, resources, and training to explore new ideas and execute them. Our success comes from playing as a team and always playing to win. Careers don’t just grow here, they’re made here.
What is the day-to-day like?
In this role you will work on the Fulfillment Monitor product. This UI provides a unified view of all customer transactions with end-to-end visibility. Although you’ll largely focus on front-end work in TypeScript, you’ll also be doing some back-end work in NodeJS.
- Work with minimal supervision to implement complex methods and procedures within assigned problem domain.
- Own the development, test, and deployment for an entire product.
- Estimate new work with consideration and commitment.
- Identify and communicate risk, ambiguity, complexity, and dependencies.
- Participate in hiring related activities.
- Share knowledge of technical skills, patterns, and practices with the rest of the team
- Code review and mentorship of associates, intermediates, and other senior members on the team
- Work with business partners outside of their team, to explain and champion high-level technology approaches.
What experience and skills do you need?
- A bachelor’s degree plus 5 years of software development experience or 8 years of experience without a degree
- Proven experience writing quality code and tests that are maintainable, accurate, well-tested, and follow best practices.
- Hands-on experience with software development practices and can develop applications that are diverse in scope where good judgement and problem-solving skills are required.
- Experience in modern frameworks such as React and Angular or a programming language like Python or Java or Go
- Understand agile development processes.
- Strong communication skills to proactively communicate status and risks within their team.
What experience is preferred?
- Proficient capabilities in one or more of the following Java, C#, Python, Kubernetes, AWS.
SPS Commerce offers a comprehensive package of benefits including health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance, paid time-off, 401(k), health and flexible spending accounts, stock purchase plan and more.
** EOE including disability / veteran **