Help us build a more secure and privacy-respecting Internet.
Location: Remote within the US
Compensation: $140k USD, 100% 401k Match, Excellent Insurance
Our mission at ISRG is to reduce financial, technological, and educational barriers to secure communication over the Internet. We’re looking for an additional software engineer for our Divvi Up team. Maybe that’s you! With Divvi Up, we’re helping organizations collect the metrics they need while fully respecting user privacy.
Here’s what our Divvi Up team does:
- We develop & maintain the Divvi Up service.
- We contribute to the IETF standards which Divvi Up implements (DAP, VDAF).
- We develop software that improves automation and security in our infrastructure.
- We maintain and evolve our operational infrastructure.
- We collaborate with implementers from other organizations to ensure a high level of quality and interoperability between Divvi Up and other implementations.
- We contribute to open source projects we depend on.
- We help design policies and procedures for both our team and the organization.
- We participate in an on-call rotation, currently with a business-hours SLO and no pager. We value protecting our teammates from burnout and accommodate people’s schedules as needed.
- We teach each other and learn from our mistakes, often through blameless post-mortems. We commit to improving ourselves and the services we provide.
Position Must Haves:
- 2+ years work experience programming in a compiled language.
- Ability to design, develop, ship, and maintain features with some guidance from more experienced engineers.
- Code implementation that is clear, concise, tested, maintainable, and easily understood by others.
- Ability to perform supportive and constructive code reviews.
- Consistent attention paid to producing a high-quality testing strategy.
- Attention to detail and a willingness to take time to think things through.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain cognizance of your priorities in your work.
- Excellent written, verbal, and collaborative communication skills.
- Reliable time and task management.
Position Nice to Haves (we’ll help you learn on the job if you don’t know them already):
- Competency writing software in Rust.
- Experience working with, configuring, and deploying to a public cloud such as AWS or GCP.
- Experience with cloud deployment & configuration systems such as Terraform.
- Experience with container orchestration systems such as Kubernetes.
- Domain-specific knowledge: cryptographic engineering, distributed systems and/or cryptography.
Location and Benefits
Our team has always been entirely remote and our processes and infrastructure are built around that. We will help you get your home office in good shape, including reimbursing internet and phone expenses. Other benefits include excellent health insurance, a 100% match for 401k contributions, and flexible time off and parental leave policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Not sure if you actually meet some of our requirements? Studies have shown that female-identifying folks and people of color are less likely to be confident that they meet requirements. At ISRG we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but you’re not sure if your past experience aligns with the requirements in the job description, we encourage you to ask.
ISRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic. We celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive workplace for everyone.