Posted: September 29, 2022
Start Date: January 2023
Position Status: Open
Location: Remote within US
Compensation: $140k USD, 100% 401k Match, Excellent Insurance
We’re making HTTPS easier for developers to use, we’re doing it at scale, and we need your help. We’re a first-of-our-kind Certificate Authority (CA). We make certificates available to anyone, for free, and we offer an API to do it. This means more people can enable HTTPS on their websites, with less work. That protects everyone’s web traffic from snoops, and makes us all safer.
We’re looking for an additional software engineer for our Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team. Maybe that’s you! Here’s what our SRE team does:
- We develop software that improves automation and security in our infrastructure.
- We contribute code to ISRG’s core applications. (e.g. Let’s Encrypt).
- We maintain and evolve both the logical and the physical operational infrastructure.
- We contribute to open source projects we depend on.
- We help design policies and procedures for both the certificate authority and the organization.
- We participate in an on call rotation. We value protecting our teammates from burnout and accommodate people’s schedules as needed.
- We are committed to improving ourselves and the services we provide. We teach each other and learn from our mistakes, often through blameless post-mortems.
- We help run a community forum where developers and end users find solutions to problems they might have with our services. We moderate comments to ensure everything stays on-track. We are happy to say ours is the friendliest and most supportive HTTPS-related forum around.
- We help research potential new projects that ISRG may operate.
Position Must Haves:
- 2+ years work experience programming in a compiled language with consistent attention paid to high quality tests.
- 2+ years working professionally with Linux.
- Attention to detail and a willingness to take time to think things through.
- Ability to prioritize and maintain cognizanse of your priorities in your work.
- Excellent written, verbal, and collaborative communication skills.
- Reliable time and task management.
Position Nice to Haves (if you don’t know these already, we will help you learn on the job):
- Competency writing software in Go and Python.
- Systems and network administration experience. For example, managing firewalls and routers, working with automation tools like SaltStack, and managing virtual machines on both physical and cloud infrastructure.
- Domain-specific knowledge: PKI and some cryptography.
Location and Benefits
Our team has always been entirely remote (U.S. and Canada) and our processes and infrastructure are built around that. We will help you get your home office in good shape, including reimbursing internet and phone expenses. Other benefits include excellent health insurance, a 100% match for 401k contributions, and flexible time off and parental leave policies.
To apply, please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Not sure if you actually meet some of our requirements? Studies have shown that female-identifying folks and people of color are less likely to be confident that they meet requirements. At ISRG we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but you’re not sure if your past experience aligns with the requirements in the job description, we encourage you to ask.
ISRG is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, orientation, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic. We celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive workplace for everyone.