Come build the future as a software development engineer at Amazon, where you will be inspired working alongside best-in-class inventors and innovators. You’ll create meaningful experiences that deliver on the ever-evolving needs of our customers, and your work will impact millions of people around the world.
At Amazon, we are committed to making your work experience as enjoyable as the experiences as you’ll be creating for our customers. That is why Amazon offers flexibility and remote work options to allow for optimal work/life harmony.
As an Amazon software engineer, you will solve unique and complex problems at a rapid pace, utilizing the latest technologies to create solutions that are highly scalable. There are unlimited opportunities at Amazon, where developing your career across a wide range of teams is highly supported.
Ready to get started? Apply once through Best Fit Job Match, and get matched from thousands of open software development roles based on your preferred team, tech stack, domain, language and more. The best part? Best Fit Job Match gives you a choice of open roles based on your preferences. You’ll speak to the hiring managers, and then you choose your team! Save hours on your job search and reduce the stress.
We’re hiring across the United States. If Minneapolis is your preference, some of the teams hiring software engineers in Minneapolis include but aren’t limited to:
- Operations Technology: Shape the future of transportation planning and execution on a global scale, that impacts hundreds of Fulfillment Centers (FCs), thousands of Amazonians, and millions of customers across the world. Your technology will support thousands of operators worldwide to design, build and run the best-in-class Amazon operations network. Join Operations Technology where you’ll build intelligent software to make operations faster, more reliable, and less costly, providing a better and less expensive experience for our customers.
- Devices: Have independent technical ownership on new engaging customer features, products, and supporting architecture on a day-to-day and weekly basis on the Devices team. You’ll work on a new or existing device such as Alexa, Luna, Fire TV, or Echo, while learning new in-demand skills like building voice control interfaces or scalable API platforms.
These are just some of the teams now hiring in Minneapolis. Depending on your preferences and expertise, you will own the front-end, back-end, or full stack design and development of product features, building scale, efficiency, and differentiated customer experiences. We’re looking for software engineers passionate about building software solutions end-to-end, have strong software development experience delivering at scale solutions, and systems design skills. You should have a demonstrated ability delivering within a DevOps delivery model from requirements analysis, design, development, test, CI/CD, security implementation, and operational excellence with the ability to work cross-functionally with Product Managers, business stakeholders and other tech teams.
Apply today through Best Fit Job Match and get matched to your ideal role!
Relocation and competitive pay and benefits is offered for this position.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development lifecycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
By submitting your application here, you can save time by being considering for multiple software development engineer openings, at the same level, across various Amazon teams through our Best Fit Job Match process.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us