Kyros is a venture-backed Minneapolis-based start-up that has built the world’s first recovery management platform. The addiction treatment industry is not working effectively, and we want to change that. Our platform provides instant access to resources, provider care, and peer support all in one place. Join us in our mission to support, encourage and enable those with substance use disorders.
Kyros is getting noticed, and the demand for our product is increasing, so we continue to grow our teams. We are adding Full Stack Software Engineers to design, build and improve our application platform. Utilizing Agile tools and fundamentals, you will collaborate with a cross-discipline team to develop and maintain a high-quality market-based platform.
We count on our developers to write elegant and well-documented code with a strict eye toward separation of concerns, scalability, and maintainability. You will work alongside a group of dedicated and supportive developers and designers. All focused on building and maintaining a complex software product.
Working at Kyros, you will be surrounded by colleagues that are passionate about our mission. We are passionate about our success as a whole, which is evident in the support and guidance offered to each other. You will feel a sense of family and enjoy the laughter in the hallways. You will feel the growth mindset that permeates our being. This is a unique opportunity to jump into an early-stage start-up at a pivotal time and make a meaningful impact. If you are interested in doing work helping to change lives, we invite you to share your talents.
Our office is located in Minneapolis, MN. We offer a flexible working model for local candidates. We are not able to sponsor Visas at this time.
What you will do in the Software Engineer role:
- Design and implement our databases, REST APIs, internal frameworks, front-end clients, and test systems while maintaining performance and security requirements.
- Mentor and grow Junior-level engineers
- Understand business requirements and create designs that meet them
Experience for Success in the Software Engineer role:
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer utilizing Object Oriented Programming
- Expert in REST API design, services, libraries, frameworks & tools
- Experience using test-driven development principles
- In-depth knowledge of the entire process of web development (design, development, and deployment)
Our Tech Stack:
- Backend is NodeJS + ExpressJS using Typescript running in Docker
- Data is stored in Postgres
- Mobile App is in React Native using Typescript. State managed through Redux and Sagas.
- Web App is in React using Typescript. State managed through Redux and Sagas.
- Rest API is documented using OpenAPI (swagger.io)
Other Skills and Experience helpful for the Software Engineer role:
- Expertise with technologies in our stack
- Expertise with Git
- Experience with tools like Jira and Figma
- Experience with Swagger or OpenAPI
- Experience in native iOS and Android
- Experience with AWS
- Understanding of HIPAA security compliance
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome our employee’s differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Difference makes us better. Join us.