At Jamf, people are at the core of everything we do. We do what’s right for our customers, our employees, our communities and our world. We take pride in simplifying technology for tens of thousands of customers around the globe and helping organizations succeed with Apple.
Jamf operates as a choice-based office model. Choose to work in the office, connect 100% remote from your home, or find the blend that works best for you.
What you’ll do at Jamf:
The remote Software Engineer II is responsible for building the tools required to help organizations succeed with Apple. Work closely with the agile team to break down problems and apply the appropriate designs and practices to construct Jamf products.
Develop a depth of knowledge around the designated area of the product—mentor and coach others.
Collaborate with other Engineers, Product Management, and leadership to understand your team’s priorities and how those help us solve company-wide problems.
- Break down customer problems into work you and the team can execute on.
- Independently complete most identified tasks from start to finish with high quality.
- Use your knowledge of the product to mentor others.
- Use your knowledge of Engineering best practices to ask the right questions, solve problems and build great software.
- Communicate technical concepts with others (Technical Communication, Support, Product, and Cloud).
- When you don’t know the solution, seek out the appropriate people in the organization for advice.
- Performs all job responsibilities in alignment with the organization’s core values, mission, and purpose.
- Adheres to the highest moral, ethical and legal standards to deliver an environment that promotes respect, innovation, and creativity.
- Supports and promotes a positive, inclusive workplace, one in which the talents and strengths of our increasingly diverse workforce are welcomed, further developed, and manifested in our work.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience developing enterprise-grade software understanding testing and quality assurance processes (Required)
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in Java, Objective C, MySQL, (Servlet, IAAS) (Preferred)
- Experience building enterprise-level software
- Experience working within an agile organization
- Experience with AWS technologies such as Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), SNS, and DynamoDB (Preferred)
- Understanding of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and ArgoCD
- Experience with Kotlin (Preferred)
- Ability to engage with and establish trust and rapport with all levels of customers and employees
- Solution-focused knowledge working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
Education & Certifications:
- Four-year Bachelors Degree (Preferred)
- A combination of relevant experience and education may be considered.
How we help you reach your best potential:
- Named a Best Workplace for Women, 2021.
- Our developers work in agile delivery teams to produce new features, improve software components, and are the subject matter experts for our Jamf product offerings.
- You will have the opportunity to make a real and meaningful impact for more than 60,000 global customers with the best Apple device management solution in the world.
- We constantly push the boundaries of technology, our developers support new innovations and OS releases the moment they are made available by Apple.
- You will have the opportunity to work with a small and empowered team where the culture is based on trust, ownership, and respect.
- We encourage you to simply be you. We constantly seek and value different perspectives to ensure Jamf is a place where everyone feels comfortable and can be successful.
- 23 of 25 world’s most valuable brands rely on Jamf to do their best work (as ranked by Forbes)
- Over 100,000 Jamf Nation users, the largest online IT community in the world
What is a Jamf?
You go above and beyond for others, are willing to help, and support the team around you. You value and learn from different perspectives. You are curious and resourceful, a problem-solver, self-driven and constantly improving. You are excited by not knowing what may lie ahead. You are willing to take risks, try new things, even fail just to do it better next time. You’re not a jerk. You are someone who cares about doing the right thing.
What does Jamf do?
Jamf extends the legendary Apple experience people enjoy in their personal lives to the workplace. We believe the experience of using a device at work or school should feel the same, and be as secure as, using a personal device. With Jamf, IT and security teams are able to confidently manage and protect Mac, iPad, iPhone and Apple TV devices, easing the burden of updating, deploying and securing the data used by their end-users. Jamf’s purpose is to simplify work by helping organizations manage and secure an Apple experience that end-users love and organizations trust.
We are free-thinkers, can-doers and problem crushers with a passion for helping customers empower their workforce to focus on their jobs, not the hassles of managing technology – freeing nurses to care, teachers to teach and businesses to thrive. We have over 2,500 employees worldwide who are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work each and every day.
Get social with us and follow the conversation at #OneJamf