The pay range is $83,800.00 – $150,800.00
Pay is based on several factors which vary based on position. These include labor markets and in some instances may include education, work experience and certifications. In addition to your pay, Target cares about and invests in you as a team member, so that you can take care of yourself and your family. Target offers eligible team members and their dependents comprehensive health benefits and programs, which may include medical, vision, dental, life insurance and more, to help you and your family take care of your whole selves. Other benefits for eligible team members include 401(k), employee discount, short term disability, long term disability, paid sick leave, paid national holidays, and paid vacation. Find competitive benefits from financial and education to well-being and beyond at https://corporate.target.com/careers/benefits.
As a Fortune 50 company with more than 400,000 team members worldwide, Target is an iconic brand and one of America’s leading retailers.
Working at Target means the opportunity to help all families discover the joy of everyday life. Caring for our communities is woven into who we are, and we invest in the places we collectively live, work and play. We prioritize relationships, fuel and develop talent by creating growth opportunities, and succeed as one Target team. At our core, our purpose is ingrained in who we are, what we value, and how we work. It’s how we care, grow, and win together.
Target as a tech company? Absolutely. We’re the behind-the-scenes powerhouse that fuels Target’s passion and commitment to cutting-edge innovation. We anchor every facet of one of the world’s best- loved retailers with a strong technology framework that relies on the latest tools and technologies—and the brightest people—to deliver incredible value to guests online and in stores. Target Tech is on a mission to offer the systems, tools and support that guests and team members need and deserve. Our high-performing teams balance independence with collaboration, and we pride ourselves on being versatile, agile and creative. We drive industry-leading technologies in support of every angle of the business, and help ensure that Target operates smoothly, securely and reliably from the inside out.
Flagship Mobile Apps:
Work on the team that brings Target guests their “shopping and saving sidekick” – the guest-facing Target Android and iOS shopping app.
iOS Platform Team:
This position is for the iOS Platform team within Flagship Mobile Apps at Target. As a team, we enjoy tackling big problems in a large and complex iOS codebase. We are continually assessing new iOS technologies and building on our vision for keeping Target’s iOS app stable, fast, and a joy for others to code in. We love building things for other engineers, and we get joy in knowing other iOS engineers can do their job more effectively due to our contributions. If any of this excites you, we would love to have you join us!
As a Senior iOS Engineer on the Mobile Platform team, you will:
- Work with a team of very highly skilled iOS Platform engineers.
- Help advance our architecture and abstractions, allowing our code to continue to scale and empowering feature teams to deliver with ever increasing autonomy.
- Improve the tooling, performance, and reliability of our builds to ensure that our CI/CD pipeline is efficient and effective.
- Design and develop reusable components and layout systems that can be used across multiple teams and projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and prioritize project requirements, and work with designers to ensure that the UI/UX is consistent and meets the design vision.
- Develop libraries and foundations in areas such as build tools, testing, analytics, networking, and logging.
- Collaborate with engineers to monitor and troubleshoot the app in production and help them resolve issues quickly and efficiently.
- Mentor and guide other engineers in best practices for iOS development and help to maintain a high level of code quality and consistency across the codebase.
- Stay up to date with the latest developments in iOS technology, and apply this knowledge to improve our app’s functionality, performance, and user experience.
- Collaborate with external partners and vendors to integrate their APIs and services into our app, and ensure that they meet our performance, security, and scalability requirements.
- Participate in code reviews, provide constructive feedback to peers, and help to maintain a high level of code quality and consistency across the codebase.
- Identify and champion new technologies, tools, and processes that can improve our app’s development, performance, and maintenance.
- Solicit feedback from the development team to help drive a great overall developer experience.
- Provide high level tooling support to feature team engineers.
Core responsibilities of this job are described within this job description. Job duties may change at any time due to business needs.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of experience in software design & development
- 3+ years of experience developing apps for iOS
- Experience developing in Swift
- Experience with test-driven development and software test automation
- Excellent debugging, performance, and optimization skills
- Experience with distributing mobile applications via public app stores and/or enterprise channels.
- Experience with integrating calls to backend services (REST or GraphQL, JSON, etc.)
- Excellent hands-on skills with iOS application development tools including Xcode
- Familiarity with source control systems such as Git, and experience with collaboration tools such as GitHub, Jira, and Slack.
- Familiarity with design patterns, SOLID principles, and testing frameworks such as XCTest.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- A passion for building high-quality, user-friendly apps, and a desire to continuously improve and learn new technologies and techniques.
If you have experience with any of the following, it’s a bonus, but not required for the job. If working on a team that does these things and getting to learn them on the job sounds exciting, that is great too!
- iOS architectures (MVVM, The Composable Architecture)
- Continuous delivery in mobile, including Test- or Behavior-Driven Design, code review, static analysis, continuous integration, automation and functional testing.
- Experience with build systems on highly modularized apps (xcodebuild, Fastlane, Swift Package Manger, Tuist, etc.)
- Static and dynamic analyzers (Danger, SwiftLint, SwiftFormat, etc.)
- Code generators (SwiftGen)
- Experience with SwiftUI and building Design Systems libraries
- Accessibility experience
- Integrating with third party frameworks, tools, and SDKs
- Dependency injection
- Experience with authenticated session using OAuth and authenticated tokens
- Reactive Programming
This position may be considered for a Remote or Hybrid (known internally at Target as “Flex for Your Day”) work arrangement based on Target’s needs. A Remote work arrangement means the team member works full-time from home or an alternate location that’s not a Target location, does not have a desk at a Target location and may travel to HQ up to 4 times a year. A Hybrid/Flex for Your Day work arrangement means the team member’s core role may be performed either remote or onsite at a Target location depending upon what your role, team and tasks require for that day. Work duties cannot be performed outside of the country of the primary work location, unless otherwise prescribed by Target.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Target will provide reasonable accommodations with the application process upon your request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require assistance in this application process, please visit your nearest Target store or Supply Chain Facility or reach out to Guest Services at 1-800-440-0680 for additional information.