We are looking for a QA Automation Engineer to join our growing engineering team. The major accountability of this position involves being a key member of the data engineering scrum team ensuring the quality of software deliverables. The QA Automation Engineer is expected to be a Subject Matter Expert on automation, Big Data, and validation of data and reports.
What You’ll Do
- Work with development managers and other software quality engineers to plan, develop, and execute software tests that cover smoke testing, feature testing, API testing, and post-release validation.
- Create, update, maintain, and execute automation suites.
- Backend and report testing.
- Investigate defects using server logs, browser developer tools, and other resources and tools available.
- Communicate issues effectively within an issue reporting system and work alongside developers to ensure new and old issues are resolved appropriately.
- Reproduce and clearly document all issues found during verification and validation.
- Clearly document validation and verification results.
- Developing automated test systems and scripts to validate data movement, including ETLs, lambdas, aggregation etc.
- Working with Development on test plans and unit tests.
- Working in a CI/CD environment.
- Mentoring jr. automation people.
What We Look For
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent direct work experience.
- Experience automating test cases.
- Experience with backend testing of big data.
- Experience with testing reports.
- Strong knowledge of restful APIs.
- Knowledge of ETL systems is required.
- Strong knowledge of SQL databases.
- Experience in performance, load, functional, regression, negative, and system level testing.
- Advocate of testing, Agile methodology and Quality Assurance “Best Practices”.
- Strong research, troubleshooting, organization, time management and documentation skills.
- Must have an innovative outlook and a desire to seek new and more effective ways of testing.
- Ability to work and produce consistent results independently and in group settings.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design principles.
- Experience of source control systems and configuration management.
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment.
- Experience with programming languages, Python is a plus.
- Knowledge of shell scripts, power shell and security are a plus.
Company Mission & Vision:
Total Expert’s mission is to empower modern financial institutions to create trusted lifelong customer relationships. Our vision is to orchestrate the perfect customer journey across modern financial services by creating the leading purpose-built platform.
We believe that living a balanced life leads to more creativity and productivity. Total Expert offers the following benefits to support employees in their pursuit of Total Wellness.
• Medical, Dental & Vision Coverage
• Prescription Drug Coverage
• Health Advocate Program
• Flexible Time Off Program
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan & Matching Program
• Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts & Disability Protection
• Life & Voluntary Life Coverage
• Paid Parental Leave
• Pet Insurance
• Employee Referral Bonus
We believe that strength comes from diversity and we strive for a culture where every person’s voice, unique lived experience, and talents are embraced and celebrated. We are committed to attracting and hiring for diversity of all kinds, creating better opportunities for inclusion and belonging throughout our employee lifecycle, and establishing and/or refining our internal practices and procedures to ensure equity.
Total Expert is a pre-IPO, series C, $50M (annual recurring revenue) fintech company. We are growing fast (between 30-40% annually), and as a CRM and marketing automation platform purpose-built for lenders and banks, we enjoy a tremendous product market fit for the world-class financial institutions we serve.
The Total Expert platform unifies data, marketing, sales, and compliance solutions to provide a cohesive experience across the customer lifecycle. We are determined to reimagine the way people and technology work together so that our customers build more meaningful, human connections with their customers.
With 1/3 of our annual budget committed to R&D, Total Expert is executing on a platform modernization journey, which has allowed us to focus on: team autonomy, continuous integration and deployment, and building the architectural foundation for the future. The results so far? 1) We moved from monthly deployment to multiple times per day, 2) our teams are empowered to make decisions and lead the architecture of their domain, and 3) we’ve built an event-sourced backbone as the foundation to build enterprise services with velocity.
Amidst business and integration growth, Total Expert continues to receive several awards and industry recognition. G2, the world’s leading business solutions review website, has identified Total Expert as a leader across four categories in the Summer 2022 reports. These rankings were achieved based on market presence and customer satisfaction of real users, which were then compared to similar products in each report category.
Along with this achievement, Total Expert recently has been recognized with the following awards and honors:
-Named to the 2022 Inc. 5000 Series: Midwest list for the third consecutive year
-Named a finalist in the “Best Consumer Digital Banking Solution Provider” category of the Banking Tech Awards USA
-Listed as the fifteenth largest software company in the Twin Cities on the MSP Biz Journal – Software Development List
-Listed as an honoree for one of the most innovative technology companies in the housing economy on HousingWire’s 2022 Tech100 list for the fifth consecutive year
-Listed as number seven on the list of the 2022 Best Tech Startups in Minnesota
Come Join Us:
We’re changing how financial institutions engage with consumers, and it starts with the people behind our platform. We’re seeking passionate individuals to grow with us as we continue to empower leading financial brands to form deeper customer relationships. Our most successful people have a “teamwork makes the dream work” mindset, operate with a strong sense of urgency, have an entrepreneurial spirit, and are solutions-oriented. Take a closer look!
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation Type: Salaried
Posted by Total Expert on August 31, 2022