Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill’s global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s animal nutrition and health business, where we improve lives through better nutrition. Our team researches, innovates and creates solutions that deliver healthy results for our customers.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Sr. Software Engineer will continually develop software products for internal and external customers. In this role, you will work as senior member of an agile development team to design and write quality maintainable software. Cargill Digital Solutions is optimizing animal nutrition through a connected digital solution. Driven by Cargill’s mission to nourish the world, Cargill Digital leverages its organizational knowledge and expertise in animal nutrition as well as mill and farm operations to help their customers grow their business.
- Design and develop scalable and maintainable applications.
- Act as a key contributor for the strategy and technical planning of product technology in accordance with internal and external software compliance standards.
- Partner with product managers, product owners and principal software engineers to translate high level requirements into detailed designs to solve complex business problems.
- Estimate and prioritize backlog of enhancements and defects and implement changes as needed to the application as part of an agile team.
- Mentor and guide others on the team in application software development.
- Identify root causes to software problems that may interfere with application functionality for consumers and prepare and implement solutions.
- Independently handle complex issues with minimal supervision, while escalating only the most complex issues to appropriate staff.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Four years of experience in software design and programming principles
- Two years of experience programming languages including C# with .Net Core experience
- Two years of experience with React or similar frameworks such as Angular or Vue
- Four years of experience in designing and building applications
- Four years of experience with software application frameworks or methodologies
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience with Azure
- Experience mentoring more junior members of team
- Experience writing automated unit, integration and regression tests
- Experience in commercial software development and agile practices
- Minimum of seven years of experience developing software products
- Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position.
- The position is open to remote only within United States.
Cargill highly encourages vaccinations but does not mandate at this time. Upon hire, you will be asked to provide your vaccination status, and if unvaccinated or if you choose not to disclose, you would be expected to follow Cargill’s safety protocols for unvaccinated employees (i.e., mask mandates, and social distancing).
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.