Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
Join our Identity and Access Management team as a Systems Architect. In this role you will design the direction for our platforms that vault secrets, accounts and passwords for workforce applications and infrastructural systems, in partnership with the engineering, development and server teams.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S., preferably in Minnesota, as you take on some tough challenges.
- Thought leader on strategic technical direction for Secrets Management, Password Vaulting and Password Management
- Plan, design and MVP cloud-focused capabilities for Secrets and Vaulting
- Review existing architecture designs; propose and drive changes to align with industry best practice
- Design updated architecture for Secrets and Vaulting platforms to ensure maximum security, scalability, and reliability with positive user experience
- Collaborate with technology and security leaders and engineers on prototyping, proofs of concept and initial development of future-state Secrets and Vault platforms and redesigns
- Document architecture and build patterns for repeatable use by secrets management and vault user base and application owners
- Collaborate with Delivery, Capability and Service teams to communicate and deliver identity deliverables effectively
- Design and run technical RFPs and proofs of concept including design, evaluation, and decision criteria
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience as an engineer or architect in the areas of secrets management, encryption key management, and privileged access management
- 5+ years of experience in internal or external customer engagement and managing customer expectations and feedback
- 3+ years of experience developing and maintaining product or capability roadmaps
- 2+ years of experience creating and leading technology presentations to senior leaders
- Clear understanding, strategic and tactical point of view on what constitutes a secret, drivers for use of a secrets management system or set of systems, and how they should be addressed on premise and in public cloud.
- Clear understanding of different account types and understanding of threat landscape around and requirements for protecting each type
- Clear understanding of what applications and accounts require vaulting, management, or both vaulting and management from an industry best practice perspective and be able to articulate the benefits of each to audiences with less familiarity with these areas
- Outstanding technical and interpersonal communication skills, including ability to explain secrets management and privileged management to both application development leadership and executive level audiences with clarity
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Industry certifications, such as CISSP
- Experience in a large-scale enterprise technology environment
- Experience working with software development teams that have had to address identity integration challenges
- Experience as a developer retrieving secrets from a management platform
- Experience with CyberArk, HashiVault, Thycotic or similar toolsets
- Experience with cloud native secrets management solutions, such as Azure Key Vault, AWS Secrets Manager, etc.
- Experience with Agile processes and approaches
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado/Connecticut/Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.