Ovative Group is the premier independent media and measurement firm in the United States. We help change makers, in fast-growing, customer-centric organizations across industries reinvent their marketing and measurement programs. We leverage our media, measurement, and consulting capabilities to help brands like Coach, Kate Spade, Stuart Weitzman, Facebook, The Home Depot, CVS, Disney, and UnitedHealth Group transform their media and marketing programs. Our proprietary approach to measuring and optimizing marketing investment decisions, Enterprise Marketing Return (EMR), is disrupting the industry and setting the gold standard for customer and marketing strategy, activation, and measurement.
Recognized six consecutive years on Star Tribune’s list of Top 150 Workplaces and four years on Inc.5000’s list of the fastest growing private companies in America, we pride ourselves in always overdelivering for our clients, our teams, and our communities.
About The Role
We are looking for a fearless UI/Front-End Engineer to join our capability development team at a fast-growing company focused on measurement and optimization of media at the enterprise level. In this role you will build products that represent the face and image of technology at Ovative. You will develop a strategy and create products that connect our end-users to their data and other tools that drive innovation and value at Ovative. As a member of a growing team, you will take a leadership role in building relationships and culture across development teams and the broader Ovative organization.
The candidate must be self-directed, comfortable supporting multiple work streams and be able to think critically, identifying opportunities for further optimizations and communicate this effectively. The right candidate will be excited for the opportunity to lean into innovative ideas and technologies, expressing their point of view, and enjoy working with a variety of other teams including data science, data visualization, data engineering, solution architecture, and end users of our products.
- Play a role in our UI and front-end strategy across our underlying Data and Technology Platform as well multiple strategic products in our portfolio
- Collaborate with teams across the organization to interpret unique business needs into scalable products
- Architect and build clean, intuitive, front-end products that empower our teams and customers
- Work in an agile, fast environment that emphasizes communication between developers and stakeholders
- Be an active team member by helping to build the culture of this growing team
- Emphasize building relationships across the company by engaging in Ovative culture and activities
- 2+ years of relevant UI/Web application development experience
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field/requisite experience
- Exceptional attention to detail alongside excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience with REST APIs and integrating with third-party services
- Experience with using CSS frameworks or preprocessors like SASS, LESS, Tailwind, Material UI, Chakra, etc.
- Experience with cloud-based platforms (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Familiarity with front-end toolkits like Webpack and Babel
- Experience with unit and E2E testing frameworks, such as Jasmin, Jest, Cypress
- Experience with Docker and deploying containerized applications
- Experience building secure applications through session or token based strategies
At Ovative, we offer a transparent view into three core components of your total compensation package: Base Salary, Annual Bonus, and Benefits. The salary range for this position below is inclusive of an annual bonus. Actual offers are made with consideration for relevant experience and anticipated impact. Additional benefits information is provided below.
For our UI/Front-End Engineer positions, our compensation ranges from $62,000 to $93,000, which is inclusive of a 15% bonus.
Benefits of Working at Ovative Group
We provide strong, competitive, holistic benefits that understand the importance of your life inside and out of work
Culture matters and we’ve been recognized as a Top Workplace three-years running because of it. We demand trust and transparency from each other. We believe in doing the hard and complicated work others put off. We’re open in communication and floor plan. We’re flat – our interns sit next to VPs, our analysts work closely with senior leaders, and our CEO interacts with every single person daily. Put together, these elements help foster an environment where smart people can support each other in performing to their highest potential.
Compensation and Insurance:
We strive to hire and retain the best talent in the Twin Cities. Paying fair, competitive compensation, with a large bonus incentive, and phenomenal health insurance is an important part of this mix. We’re rewarded fairly and when the company performs well, we all benefit.
Tangible Amenities We Enjoy:
- Flexible paid vacation policy
- 401k match program
- Free parking and on-site fitness center with locker rooms
- Sabbatical program
- Charitable giving via our time and a financial match program
- Shenanigan’s day
- Dedicated Innovation Time weekly
Working at Ovative won’t be easy, but if you like getting your hands dirty, driving results, and being surrounded by the best talent, it’ll be the most rewarding job you’ll ever have. If you think you can make us better, we want to hear from you!