Wednesday, November 03
by Maria Ploessl
The Ultimate Guide to (mini) Minnebar 2021
With Minnebar – the nation’s largest and longest running tech (un)conference – heading back to Best Buy this spring, we’re hosting a bonus (mini) Minnebar at Target Field next month to get us connected, pumped up, and learning.
Saturday, November 6th 2021
1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Target Field (this event will also be livestreamed)
Tickets: can be found HERE
Livestream: can be found HERE
Get ready for:
- 8 tech & business talks from #MNtech leaders
- Happy hour & drone racing
- Community, connection, learning & fun
Don’t miss the biggest community event of the fall. Information on tickets, dates, and more below:
Schedule (Saturday, November 6th):
- 12:30 – 1:00: Doors open (we’re getting started right away to pack in the fun!)
- 1:00 – 1:25: Delivering Strategic Outcomes with Scrum & Kanban (Jeff Sussna)
- 1:30 – 1:55: JUNIOR DEVELOPER: LEVEL UP! (Ahnaf Prio)
- 2:00 – 2:25: Sentiment Analysis for Stock Market News (Ramsey Schaffer)
- 2:30 – 2:55: Building an accessible B2B web application (Kelly Heikkila)
- 3:00 – 3:25: Parenting Makes Me a Better Product Manager (Abby Allen)
- 3:30 – 3:55: Developer hiring trends + job search and hiring advice (Matt Decuir)
- 4:00 – 4:25: How to Get Your First 100K Followers (& Why They Don’t Matter) (Tyler Webb)
- 4:30 – 4:55: Airbnb as a Side Hustle (Jeff Lin)
- 5:00 – 6:00: Networking & Community Happy Hour
Info for all ticket holders
- Code of Conduct: Minnestar is dedicated to providing a welcoming, inclusive, and harassment-free conference experience for everyone. Make sure you read our Code of Conduct before arriving
- Learn more about all of the talks HERE
- #Minnebar: Whether you are at home or at Target Field, snap a picture of you experiencing the event using the hashtag #Minnebar!
Info for virtual attendees
- Link to join: https://www.youtube.com/user/MinneStarMedia
- Chat: Introduce yourself, share ways you’re looking to connect with the community, ask questions to the presenters, shout out stuff your fave demos, etc. Be kind, be helpful, and be welcoming!
Info for in-person attendees
- Gates open at 12:30 pm, show starts at 1pm
- The event will take place at the Truly on Deck (formerly Bat & Barrel) event space at Target Field
- Parking, biking & public transit instructions are below
- Check in with our registration volunteers at the entrance to Truly on Deck
- COVID Guidelines
- Proof of vaccination or negative COVID test within 72 hours prior to the event is required. Face masks are encouraged when you are not eating and drinking.
- (vaccinated in MN & lost your card? Download the Docket App for access to your immunization record)
- Barring any inclement weather, the large garage doors will be open to the field to promote air circulation
- While in line for food, beverages or restrooms, allow ample room for social distancing
- If you are experiencing fever and/or have been exposed to someone with COVID in the past two weeks, please do not attend in-person portion of the event. We encourage you to join the fun via our livestream link.
- Logistical Information
- We will have name tags, pronoun stickers, swag and more at the registration booth at the event entrance
- We will have complimentary appetizers (meat, veggie & GF options), as well as beer, wine, and a selection of non-alcoholic beverages.
Will there be food at the event?
- From 1 – 5 pm, there will be complimentary light appetizer options with meaty, veggie, and gluten free options, as well as some water and sodas.
- During the Happy Hour from 5 – 6 there will be several appetizers and complimentary alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. We advise you to eat lunch before you come!
Can I show up if I don’t have a ticket?
- No, due to capacity, there is only a certain amount of people we can have at this event. If the event is sold out, add yourself to the wait list and you’ll be notified when more tickets become available.
Oh shoot – I got a ticket but realized I can’t come anymore. What do I do?
- Life happens! Since there is a lot of demand for this event, if you can no longer make it please release your ticket so someone else can go. Instructions on how to do that HERE.
How do I get to there?
- Target Field is located at 1 Twins Way, Minneapolis, MN 55403. Directions on how to arrive:
- Public Transit & Bike
- Target Field is very accessible via bus, light rail, and other public transit (specific public transit info can be found HERE).
- Bike parking is available surrounding the stadium (more bike parking info can be found HERE).
- Vehicle Parking
- We encourage folks to park in Ramp A nearest to the field. Once you park in Ramp A, there will be signage throughout the ramp and Skyways of which way Target Field entrance is. It is a very easy find, since you can see Target Field from the windows!
- The Skyway walkway is located on the 3rd floor of Ramp A. You will then walk towards Target Field and follow the walkway in. Once inside, a guest service staff member will point you towards the right direction to Truly on Deck.
- We have attached a map for reference. Ramp A is in red and the yellow lines are the Skyway walkways. You will enter the skyway from the ramp and take a left. The walk is very short and only leads towards the ballpark.