Wednesday, March 14
by Maria Ploessl
The Ultimate Guide to Minnebar13
First held in 2006, Minnebar is an annual technology conference held in Minneapolis. Minnebar, like other BarCamps, is an (un)conference that is participant-led and has a very loose structure.
BarCamps are held around the world from Swaziland to Seattle; Minnebar is rumored to be the largest in North America. There are no formal or curated workshops (although we sometimes host minor web celebrities), and all sessions are led by people from the tech and business community.
Minnebar is free and open to anyone with an interest. We look forward to seeing you Saturday, April 14th!
Before the Event
1. Sign up to lead a session
Minnebar is a participatory event and everyone is encouraged (but not required) to sign up to lead discussions, talks, and panels on any subject in which they are interested. No matter what, come ready to jump into great sessions!
Sign up to lead a session at sessions.minnestar.org. Priority deadline for leading a session is April 7th – submissions after that date will be assigned time slots and spaces as available.
2. Vote for sessions you would like to see
Be sure to vote for your favorite sessions you would like to see at sessions.minnestar.org. We use votes to determine popularity of sessions and plan rooms accordingly. Check back in the weeks leading up to the event, as new events get added every day.
3. Get Tickets
If you’ve ever attended Minnebar, you know that tickets sell out FAST. Set an alarm and register here during one of our ticket releases: Minnebar13 Tickets.
- Ticket release 1: Thursday, March 29th at 2:00 PM
- Ticket release 2: Monday, April 9th at 7:00 PM
If you are a Community Supporter or Sponsor you get reserved tickets to the event (go you!). Check out information on how to join these groups and get automatic entry to our events:
If you can no longer attend and have already reserved a ticket, please go to http://www.eventbrite.com/mytickets/ to find instructions to cancel your ticket so another person can attend.
Day of Event
Code of Conduct
Minnestar is dedicated to providing a welcoming, inclusive, and harassment-free conference experience for everyone. Make sure you read our Code of Conduct before arriving.
Check-in tables will be found at the entrance from the parking lot, in the main lobby area. Volunteers will scan your printed ticket or the Eventbrite app QR code. At the check-in tables, you will pick up:
- Your name tag
- Your Minnebar t-shirt
- Swag from Minnebar sponsors
- If you have questions during the day, return to the check-in tables
If you are volunteering at Minnebar, please head to the check-in tables for your assignment.
Minnebar13 will be held Saturday April 14th 2018 at Best Buy’s Corporate Campus. Complete schedule of event will be posted on http://sessions.minnestar.org.
Schedule of the day:
● 8:00 – 8:30 – Registration & Light Breakfast
● 8:30 – 8:45 – Kickoff
● 8:45 – 9:15 – Session 0
● 9:25 – 10:15 – Session 1
● 10:20 – 11:10 – Session 2
● 11:15 – 12:05 – Session 3
● 12:10 – 1:00 – Session 4
● 1:00 – 2:00 – Lunch
● 2:00 – 2:50 – Session 5
● 3:00 – 3:50 – Session 6
● 4:00 – 5:00 – Session 7
● 4:30 – 7:00 – Happy Hour
Follow Minnebar on social media and share your experiences!
- Twitter: @minnestar
- Facebook: Minnestar
- LinkedIn: Minnestar
- Hashtag: #minnebar
Best Buy Corporate Campus
7601 Penn Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55423
IN A MOTOR VEHICLE
- Please park in the parking garage accessible from Penn Avenue, just south of 76th Street. No parking in visitors parking lot, entrance is only available via the parking ramp. Enter building using door P1. Signs will be posted.
ON THE BUS
- Penn Ave. – If you are dropped off on Penn Ave., follow the sidewalk that is to the left side of the driveway leading into the parking ramp tunnel. The sidewalk will bring attendees to the Wellness entrance where they can press the intercom to contact security to get in.
- 76th Street – Follow the sidewalk from the street to the Transit entrance. You will need to call on the intercom.
- Knox Ave. – The patio entrance is closed at this time and getting in will be difficult. While there is an intercom at the entrance in case someone gets stuck, it is an entrance that should be avoided.
ON A BICYCLE
- If anyone is riding a bicycle to the conference, please use the entrance by the basketball courts on the Penn. Ave side of the building (this is the Wellness Zone entrance). We have a large bicycle rack that you can use.
- Light breakfast will be available starting at 8:00 AM in the cafeteria area (bagels, donuts, fresh fruit, granola bars, yogurt).
- Complimentary water and soft drinks will be available all day in the cafeteria. There will be free regular Caribou coffee (while supplies last). Caribou will be open 8:00 AM-1:00 PM to purchase any drinks you like.
- Lunch from Pizza Luce is included with your event ticket (see schedule for updates), and can be found outside the Best Buy Cafeteria. Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten-Free options will be available.
- All presenters, sponsors, and attendees are welcome to continue networking after the final sessions end at our after party happy hour. It will be held in the cafeteria area from 4:30 PM to 7:00 PM (see schedule for updates).
- You will be provided 2 complimentary drinks. Beer, wine and soft drinks will be available along with a few snacks.
- WiFi — Complimentary guest WiFi.
- Info Desk — Best Buy staffs an information desk with information about the convention center (bathroom locations, lost & found, bike entry, etc). The Info Desk will be located near the check-in location.
- Coat Racks — Visitor lobby has space for 1000 coats; first come, first served.
- Lost and Found — Bring all lost and found items will be to Info Desk. A contact within Best Buy will pick up all items the next day and will be the point of contact for missing items. Contact us for post-event information.
- Nursing Stations & Prayer Rooms — For attendees needing space for nursing or a quiet space for prayer, a room will be provided. Ask at the Security Desk for access.
- Come as you are! Wear whatever makes you comfortable. At Minnebar, you will see everything from suits to sweatpants.
For all other questions, email email@example.com