The Ultimate Guide to Minnebar14Minnebar
First held in 2006, Minnebar is an annual technology conference held in Minneapolis. Minnebar, like other BarCamps, is an (un)conference that is participant-led and has a very loose structure.
BarCamps are held around the world from Swaziland to Seattle; Minnebar is rumored to be the largest in North America. There are no formal or curated workshops (although we sometimes host minor web celebrities), and all sessions are led by people from the tech and business community.
Minnebar is free and open to anyone with an interest. We look forward to seeing you Saturday, April 27th!
Before the Event
1. Sign up to lead a session
Minnebar is a participatory event and everyone is encouraged (but not required) to sign up to lead discussions, talks, and panels on any subject in which they are interested. No matter what, come ready to jump into great sessions!
Sign up to lead a session at sessions.minnestar.org. Priority deadline for leading a session is April 21st – submissions after that date will be assigned time slots and spaces as available.
2. Vote for sessions you would like to see
Be sure to vote for your favorite sessions you would like to see at sessions.minnestar.org. We use votes to determine popularity of sessions and plan rooms accordingly. Check back in the weeks leading up to the event, as new events get added every day.
3. Get Tickets
If you’ve ever attended Minnebar, you know that tickets sell out FAST. Set an alarm and register here during one of our ticket releases: Minnebar14 Tickets.
- Ticket release 1: Thursday, April 11th at 2:00 PM
- Ticket release 2: Monday, April 22nd at 7:00 PM
If you are a Community Supporter or Sponsor you get reserved tickets to the event (go you!). Check out information on how to join these groups and get automatic entry to our events:
If you can no longer attend and have already reserved a ticket, please go to http://www.eventbrite.com/mytickets/ to find instructions to cancel your ticket so another person can attend.
Day of Event
Code of Conduct
Minnestar is dedicated to providing a welcoming, inclusive, and harassment-free conference experience for everyone. Make sure you read our Code of Conduct before arriving.
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please contact a member of the conference team immediately either in person at the check-in table, or by calling/texting a member of the Minnestar board at (612) 547-6479.
In case of emergencies, Best Buy security will be on site and stationed across from the check-in table.
Check-in tables will be found at the entrance from the parking lot, in the main lobby area. Volunteers will scan your printed ticket or the Eventbrite app QR code. At the check-in tables, you will pick up:
- Your name tag
- Your Minnebar t-shirt
- Swag from Minnestar sponsors
- If you have questions during the day, return to the check-in tables
If you are volunteering at Minnebar, please head to the check-in tables for your assignment.
Minnebar14 will be held Saturday April 27th 2019 at Best Buy’s Corporate Campus. Complete schedule of event will be posted on http://sessions.minnestar.org.
Schedule of the day:
● 8:00 – 8:30 – Registration & Light Breakfast
● 8:30 – 8:45 – Kickoff
● 8:45 – 9:15 – Session 0
● 9:25 – 10:10 – Session 1
● 10:20 – 11:05 – Session 2
● 11:15 – 12:00 – Session 3
● 12:00 – 1:00 – Lunch
● 1:00 – 1:45 – Session 4
● 1:55 – 2:40 – Session 5
● 2:50 – 3:35 – Session 6
● 3:45 – 4:30 – Session 7
● 4:30 – 7:00 – Happy Hour
Vote With Your Feet
At Minnebar, we have a saying: ‘vote with your feet’, meaning that this is an (un)conference – if you’re in a session and want to check out a different one, feel free! Folks will be popping in and out of sessions – we just ask that you be respectful to the presenter and make your transitions quiet.
Follow Minnebar on social media and share your experiences!
- Twitter: @minnestar
- Facebook: Minnestar
- LinkedIn: Minnestar
- Hashtag: #minnebar
Best Buy Corporate Campus
7601 Penn Ave S, Minneapolis, MN 55423
IN A MOTOR VEHICLE
- Please park in the parking garage accessible from Penn Avenue, just south of 76th Street. No parking in visitors parking lot, entrance is only available via the parking ramp. Enter building using doors on the north side (doors marked P1N, P2N, or P3N). Signs will be posted.
ON THE BUS
- Penn Ave. – If you are dropped off on Penn Ave., follow the sidewalk that is to the left side of the driveway leading into the parking ramp tunnel. The sidewalk will bring attendees to the Wellness entrance where they can press the intercom to contact security to get in.
- 76th Street – Follow the sidewalk from the street to the Transit entrance. You will need to call on the intercom.
- Knox Ave. – The patio entrance is closed at this time and getting in will be difficult. While there is an intercom at the entrance in case someone gets stuck, it is an entrance that should be avoided.
ON A BICYCLE
- If anyone is riding a bicycle to the conference, please use the entrance by the basketball courts on the Penn. Ave side of the building (this is the Wellness Zone entrance). We have a large bicycle rack with a bike maintenance station that you can use.
- Light breakfast will be available starting at 8:00 AM in the cafeteria area (bagels, donuts, fresh fruit, granola bars, yogurt).
- Complimentary water and soft drinks will be available all day in the cafeteria. There will be free regular Caribou coffee (while supplies last). Caribou will be open 8:00 AM-1:00 PM to purchase any other drinks you like.
- Lunch from Pizza Luce is included with your event ticket, and can be found in the Best Buy Cafeteria (Sandy’s Place). Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten-Free options will be available.
- All presenters, sponsors, and attendees are welcome to continue networking after the final sessions end at our after party happy hour. It will be held in the cafeteria area from 4:30 PM to 7:00 PM.
- You will be provided 2 complimentary drink tickets. Beer, wine and soft drinks will be available along with a few snacks.
- WiFi — Complimentary guest WiFi.
- Info Desk — Best Buy staffs an information desk with information about the convention center (bathroom locations, lost & found, bike entry, etc). The Info Desk will be located near the gaming arcade.
- Coat Racks — Visitor lobby has space for 1000 coats; first come, first served.
- Lost and Found — Bring all lost and found items to the Info Desk. A contact within Best Buy will pick up all items the next day and will be the point of contact for missing items. Contact us for post-event information.
- Child Care — We will have complimentary child care provided by College Nannies & Tutors. Spots are limited – if you are interested in securing a spot for your child, email firstname.lastname@example.org prior to April 21st.
- Mothers Room/Lactation Suite — Check in at the security desk for access to the new mothers suite, complete with four private lactation rooms, fridge for milk storage, and lockers for pump/personal item storage.
- Prayer Room — Check in at the security desk for access to the prayer room (prayer rugs provided).
- Come as you are! Wear whatever makes you comfortable. At Minnebar, you will see everything from suits to sweatpants.
For all other questions, email email@example.com