Wednesday, August 05
by Maria Ploessl
Ultimate Guide to Minnedemo34: A Drive-In Double Feature
For the first time ever – Minnedemo, MN’s premiere ‘geek show & tell’, will be held tomorrow via a virtual experience AND a limited drive-in experience at the MN State Fairgrounds. It is set to be a full night of #MNtech fun, including a double feature with the OnRamp Insurance Premiere Night, music from Immortal Girlfriend, and much, much more. Get your tickets here!
Schedule & Presenter lineup
- 7:00 – 8:30: Minnedemo34
- 8:30 – 9:30: OnRamp Insurance Accelerator Premiere Night
- 9:30 – 9:45: Music from Immortal Girlfriend, members of the Backline Accelerator
Info for all ticket holders
- Code of Conduct: Minnestar is dedicated to providing a welcoming, inclusive, and harassment-free conference experience for everyone. Make sure you read our Code of Conduct before arriving
- #Minnedemo: Whether you are at home or at the drive-in at the MN State Fair, snap a picture of you experiencing the event using the hashtag #Minnedemo on Twitter or Instagram and you could win a free Minnestar hoodie!
- Restaurant partner discounts: A delicious pairing for your Minnedemo viewing. Ticket holders, check your emails for discounts to Pizza Luce and El Burrito Mercado!
Info for virtual attendees
- Link to join: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/minnedemo34
- Chat: Introduce yourself, share ways you’re looking to connect with the community, ask questions to the presenters, shout out stuff your fave demos, etc. Be kind, be helpful, and be welcoming!
Info for drive-in attendees
- Gates open at 6pm, show starts at 7pm
- The Drive-In will be taking place at the Kidway lot at the MN State Fairgrounds (on the corner of Cooper & Wright)
- Enter via the main gates on Snelling avenue, and take your second right – the drive in will be on the left side (scroll to the bottom for a map)
- Check in with our registration volunteers at the entrance to the lot on Cooper St
- COVID Guidelines
- Face masks are required anytime you leave your vehicle or tent
- Attendees must remain in their vehicles or tent at all times, except when using the restroom facilities
- Follow Minnestar staff and volunteers for directions to your parking space
- You will be at least six feet away from a neighboring car or tent to allow for social distancing
- Stay only with the group from your vehicle/tent and do not congregate in large groups with other attendees you did not arrive with
- Vehicle Instructions
- Audio will be broadcast through an FM Transmitter (aka through your own car radio). If you are in a tent we will have a speaker near you.
- If your car does not have FM radio, we recommend bringing one with you to the event. We cannot provide them for you
- Larger vehicles, vans, trucks, SUVs will be seated in the middle & back
- Parking lights only when entering the parking lot! Please review your car manual for instructions on shutting off any “daytime” running lights. Patrons are responsible for covering any vehicle lights that can not be turned off.
- All car horns and alarms must be OFF upon entering and stay off until you have exited
- Logistical Information
- Food vendors will not be available onsite – pack some snacks for the show!
- Nearest bathrooms to the Kidway lot are a 3 minute walk away, next to the Snelling main gate
- When waiting in line for a restroom, please maintain social distancing and wait six feet apart from others
- Out of respect for other attendees (and the environment!), please do not idle your car.
- No engine running, no smoking, no cooking, no littering, no alcoholic beverages, and no weapons
- All trash is carry in and carry out
What happens if it rains?
- This event is happening rain or shine! In the event of extreme or inclement weather, we will communicate cancellation info and instructions.
What can I expect at the Drive-In?
- When you arrive, you will check in and follow the instructions listed above. If you are in a vehicle, you will be given the radio station to tune into (tents will have a speaker). We will have the event broadcast on some big screens, so all you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the show in the comfort of your own car or tent!
What if I want to add or change the number of people in my vehicle or tent?
- Easy peasy. Just update your ticket with their names and email addresses. Instructions on how to do so HERE.
Can I show up if I don’t have a ticket?
- No, due to COVID guidelines and safe gathering recommendations from the MN Department of Health, there is only a certain amount of people we can have at this event. People arriving without a ticket will be asked to leave.
Oh shoot – I got a ticket but realized I can’t come anymore. What do I do?
- Life happens! Since there is a lot of demand for this event, if you can no longer make it please release your ticket so someone else can go. Instructions on how to do that HERE. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a refund (we will issue refunds up to 48 hours prior to the event).
Will there be food at the Drive-In?
- There will not be concessions or food served, be sure to pack some snacks for a fun evening!
Where are the nearest restrooms to the Drive-In?
- The closest restrooms are located next to the main Fairgrounds entrance on Snelling, which is a 3 minute walk from the Drive-In.
How do I get to the Drive-In?
- The Drive-In will be taking place at the Kidway lot at the MN State Fairgrounds (on the corner of Cooper & Wright). When arriving, enter via the main gates on Snelling avenue, and take your second right – the drive in will be on the left side. Enter the lot via the registration checkpoint on Cooper street.