Your Ultimate Guide to Minnedemo35Minnedemo
Mark your calendars MN tech community – because next month, Minnesota’s premiere geek show and tell is headed to the drive-in!
Minnedemo35 is taking place July 22nd 2021 at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds (as well as virtually). We’re taking last year’s drive-in venue and making it bigger and better than ever! That means:
Food trucks & lawn games
Local tech demos from Minnedemo & OnRamp Insurance Accelerator
A free screening of the 1995 cult classic ‘Hackers’
Don’t miss the biggest community event of the summer. Information on tickets, dates, and more below:
OnRamp Insurance Accelerator Premiere Night
Screening of ‘Hackers’
Drive-In at MN State Fairgrounds (Kidway Lot – corner of Cooper St & Wright Ave)
Streamed virtually at https://www.crowdcast.io/e/minnedemo35
Schedule (Thursday, July 22nd):
- 5:00: Drive-In at MN State Fairgrounds Opens
- 6:00 – 7:45: Minnedemo35
- Presenter Lineup (learn more about them HERE)
- Buzz About
- Peach Mindfulness
- Game Phoenix
- 7:45 – 8:15: OnRamp Insurance Accelerator Premiere Night
- 8:15 – 10:15: Screening of 1995 cult classic ‘Hackers’ (fairgrounds only)
- 10:15: Closing
Tickets can be found HERE and will be released at 2pm on Monday June 28th. Heads up that drive-in tickets are limited, and will go fast – hope to see you there!
Info for all ticket holders
- Code of Conduct: Minnestar is dedicated to providing a welcoming, inclusive, and harassment-free conference experience for everyone. Make sure you read our Code of Conduct before arriving
- #Minnedemo: Whether you are at home or at the drive-in at the MN State Fair, snap a picture of you experiencing the event using the hashtag #Minnedemo!
Info for virtual attendees
- Link to join: https://www.crowdcast.io/e/minnedemo35
- Chat: Introduce yourself, share ways you’re looking to connect with the community, ask questions to the presenters, shout out stuff your fave demos, etc. Be kind, be helpful, and be welcoming!
Info for drive-in attendees
- Gates open at 5pm, show starts at 6pm
- The Drive-In will be taking place at the Kidway lot at the MN State Fairgrounds (on the corner of Cooper & Wright)
- Enter via the main gates on Snelling avenue, and take your second right – the drive in will be on the left side (scroll to the bottom for a map)
- Check in with our registration volunteers at the entrance to the lot on Cooper St
- COVID Guidelines
- Face masks are required for unvaccinated attendees anytime you leave your vehicle or tent. Masks for vaccinated attendees is optional.
- Follow Minnestar staff and volunteers for directions to your parking space
- While outside your vehicle/tent, or in line for food, beverages or restrooms, allow ample room for social distancing
- If you are experiencing fever and/or have been exposed to someone with COVID in the past two weeks, you will not be permitted admission to the in-person portion of the event.
- Vehicle Instructions
- Audio will be broadcast through an FM Transmitter (aka through your own car radio). If you are in a tent we will have a speaker near you.
- If your car does not have FM radio, we recommend bringing one with you to the event. We cannot provide them for you
- Parking lights only when entering the parking lot! Please review your car manual for instructions on shutting off any “daytime” running lights. Patrons are responsible for covering any vehicle lights that can not be turned off.
- All car horns and alarms must be OFF upon entering and stay off until you have exited
- Logistical Information
- We will have name tags, pronoun stickers, swag and more at the Volunteer/Swag booth at the event entrance
- Limited food vendors will be available onsite, but be sure to pack some snacks for the show!
- Bathrooms are on the south corner of the Kidway lot. Next nearest bathrooms to the Kidway lot are a 3 minute walk away, next to the Snelling main gate
- When waiting in line for a restroom, please maintain social distancing and wait six feet apart from others
- Out of respect for other attendees (and the environment!), please do not idle your car.
- No engine running, no smoking, no cooking, no littering, no alcohol, and no weapons
- All trash is carry in and carry out
What happens if it rains?
- This event is happening rain or shine! In the event of extreme or inclement weather, we will communicate cancellation info and instructions.
What can I expect at the Drive-In?
- When you arrive, you will check in and follow the instructions listed above and in your program. If you are in a vehicle, you will be given the radio station to tune into (tents will have a speaker). We will have the event broadcast on some big screens, so all you have to do is sit back, relax and enjoy the show in the comfort of your own car or tent!
Can I show up if I don’t have a ticket?
- No, due to capacity, there is only a certain amount of people we can have at this event. This event sells out quick, however if sold out add yourself to the wait list, and you’ll be notified when more tickets become available.
Oh shoot – I got a ticket but realized I can’t come anymore. What do I do?
- Life happens! Since there is a lot of demand for this event, if you can no longer make it please release your ticket so someone else can go. Instructions on how to do that HERE. Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a refund (we will issue refunds up to 48 hours prior to the event).
Will there be food at the Drive-In?
- There will be two food trucks on site with meaty, veggie, and gluten free options, as well as some water and sodas. Be sure to also pack some snacks for a fun evening!
Where are the nearest restrooms to the Drive-In?
- There are restrooms at the south corner of the Kidway lot. The next closest restrooms are located next to the main Fairgrounds entrance on Snelling, which is a 3 minute walk from the Drive-In.
How do I get to the Drive-In?
- The Drive-In will be taking place at the Kidway lot at the MN State Fairgrounds (on the corner of Cooper & Wright). When arriving, enter via the main gates on Snelling avenue, and take your second right – the drive in will be on the left side. Enter the lot via the registration checkpoint on Cooper street.