Announcing Minnestar’s Tech Career DayCommunity
We’re excited to announce our newest event: Minnestar Tech Career Day – a massive event centering the student experience: featuring talks, a job fair, mentorship and more!
Since 2006, Minnestar has existed to serve and grow a thriving technology community for all in Minnesota. We have done this through our popular signature events (such as Minnedemo and Minnebar), and work to promote the talent, knowledge and innovation happening in our community.
As we think about the health of our community, we always want to be intentional about welcoming, including, and supporting new technologists. We have a tremendous amount of talent coming out of our colleges, universities and bootcamp programs – it’s time we support, celebrate and showcase it in a big way.
Join us Thursday March 23rd for Minnestar Tech Career Day, in partnership with the University of Minnesota’s Carlson School of Management. Open to all community members, students and early career professionals, this event provides the opportunity to connect with top companies, experienced mentors, and plug into the MN tech and startup community.
Minnestar Tech Career Day
Thursday, March 23rd
4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Carlson School of Management, University of Minnesota
Networking, light appetizers, and beverages available throughout the event.
Tickets are LIVE and can be found at: Minnestar Tech Career Day Tickets
- 4:00 – 4:45: Panel 1: The State of (Junior) Tech Hiring (and how to land your next job)
- Featuring: Bria Black (Target), Logan LeCompte (Medtronic), Michael Hurley (Best Buy), Paul DeBettignies (MN Headhunter), Sifora Teklab (CH Robinson)
- 4:45 – 5:30: Panel 2: Entrepreneur Hot Seat: live ‘ask me anything’ with local founders
- Featuring: Bria Black (Target), Caroline Karanja (Hack the Gap), Sean Higgins (BetterYou), Caroline Holden (HomSurfin)
- 5:30 – 7:00: Career Day Experience
- Job Fair booths (SPS Commerce, Kipsu, Creed Interactive, Logisolve, Smart North, Urban League Twin Cities, Stoowie, Senior Community Services, TearRestore)
- Free headshots
- Networking happy hour & interview practice
Are you a college student looking for an internship or full-time role or an organization looking for talent? Don’t miss the 8th Annual Startup Job Market happening the following day – Friday, March 24, from 10:30 am – 12:30 pm virtually on Handshake.
Fifteen colleges and universities are partnering on the Job Market. The Startup Job Market is an opportunity for organizations to connect with college students from across Minnesota. You can share information about your company and potential full-time and internship opportunities via 10-minute conversations with students. There is no cost for companies to attend.
Visit the Job Market website for more information about the event and to register. Please reach out If you have issues registering on Handshake. Register by February 24 to be included in event materials sent to all Job Market attendees. The deadline to register is March 10.
Wondering where to park? What door to enter? Will there be food? (yes) –> these questions and more can be found here:
View FAQs by Category:
- SPS Commerce
- Creed Interactive
- Smart North
- Urban League Twin Cities
- Senior Community Service