Looking for a well-rounded Full-Stack Developer to join our development team. We are extremely passionate about positively contributing to the climate change problem and improving people’s wellbeing. Your work will not only be exciting and challenging but also change the lives of millions of people and ultimately contribute to solving the climate crisis.
In this role, you will be developing 75F’s next generation IoT applications for Smart Buildings. You will collaborate with an interdisciplinary team of cloud and firmware engineers to develop and improve software products deployed in commercial buildings which aim to cut down significantly on energy consumption due to HVAC infrastructure while maintaining highest level of occupants’ comfort and productivity.
Top 2 critical skills for this candidate:
- Proven experience architecting and developing high-quality code and algorithms and contributing to full stack Java-based applications with end-to-end quality code delivery
- Collaborate with other developers and architects in an international, multi-site development and agile environment
- Design, implement, test, and deliver new features for our application that runs algorithms for the Smart Building and acts as a gateway to the cloud.
- Understanding quality attributes and their impact on software products and incorporate into day-to-day development stream.
- Contribute and review software methodologies for product design and model documentation.
- Write user documentation for internal process and external customer support.
- Collaborate and contribute in international, multi-site development in an agile environment.
- Work with product owner and test leads to write user stories and refine acceptance criteria including test designs.
- Participate in resolution of field problems in application of existing products based on thorough system impact analysis.
- Ensure that secure coding practices are followed
- Some travel may be required (~10%)
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
- 7+ Years of professional experience in software design and development
- 5+ years of hands-on professional experience designing applications and algorithms in Java and for Android/Linux platforms.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common task.
- Experience working with the android patterns/technologies such as Reactive Programming (ideally via RxJava) , Dependency injection (ideally via Dagger or Hilt) ,Android architecture components (ideally MVVM experience) etc.
- Experience with Java package management tools (Gradle, Maven, et.c)
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Experience with working Bluetooth Low Energy.
- Experience with IoT applications and embedded development
- Experience or Familiarity with HVAC domain desired
- Experience working with testing libraries like Espresso and Junit
- Experience with continuous delivery in mobile, including Test- or Behavior-Driven Design, code review, static analysis, continuous integration, automation and functional testing.
- Practical experience with SDLC tools such as Git, Azure Dev Ops etc
- Strong understanding of various non-functional aspects in application design and provide a solution to optimize performance, scalability etc
- Experience delivering quality code that is fully tested at both unit level and end to end, gated through a continuous integration pipeline
- Strong communication and collaboration skills in global setup
- Passionate and self-motivated to learn and keen to constantly improve and develop skills to stay current with technology
- Ability to learn and act in a fast-based startup environment with high energy and motivation
**This position will be hybrid, so individuals will need to be able to come into our Bloomington, MN office multiple times a week**
**Please note, we are not currently accepting contract work. We would like to hire a full-time employee**
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation Type: Salary
Location: Bloomington (hybrid)
Posted by Luke Gaskill on July 17, 2023