Working Title: IT Advanced Project Manager
Job Class: Information Technology Specialist 4
Agency: Minnesota IT Services
- Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
- Date Posted: 11/15/2023
- Closing Date: 11/29/2023
- Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Minnesota IT Services
- Division/Unit: Department of Public Safety
- Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
- Days of Work: Monday – Friday
- Travel Required: No
- Salary Range: $34.95 – $57.65 / hourly; $72,975 – $120,373 / annually
- Job Class Option: Project Management
- Classified Status: Classified
- Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 – MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
- FLSA Status: Exempt – Administrative
- Telework Eligible: Yes – #LI-Hybrid
- Designated in Connect 700 Program for Applicants with Disabilities: Yes
Make a difference in the lives of Minnesotans.
The work you’ll do is more than just a job. Join the talented, engaged and inclusive workforce dedicated to creating a better Minnesota.
Join the 2,500+ professionals of Minnesota IT Services (MNIT) who connect Minnesotans to services that will improve their lives. This position serves our partners at the Department of Public Safety (DPS). The MNIT DPS team provides technical support to an agency dedicated to prevention, preparedness, response, recovery, enforcement, and education. The team manages a large number of applications to serve 15 diverse public safety divisions located across Minnesota.
As the Senior IT Project Manager with Minnesota IT Services (MNIT) serving our partners at the Minnesota Department of Safety(DPS) you will formally project manage the development, enhancement or retirement of complex information technology & business area solutions, systems, processes and services delivered. Included are technologies that span the complete spectrum of IT systems, solutions and processes to support, and enhance foundation infrastructure, services, systems and enterprise software applications. You will be working on several complex projects advancing inparallel, each involving multiple stakeholders and vendors.
This position requires an employee to be onsite at the work location 1 day per week.
- Telework for Minnesota IT Services allows an employee to perform work from a telework location and an employee may be required to be in the office based on business needs and other dependencies in St Paul, Minnesota.
- Only candidates located in Minnesota and bordering states (Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, or Wisconsin) are telework eligible.
Candidates must clearly demonstrate all of the following qualifications in their resume:
This position requires a minimum of four (4) years of experience in performing IT project management functions.
Experience must include:
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies and methods
- IT Project integration, scope, cost, risk and quality management.
- IT Security practices for prevention, detection as well as enabling tools for authentication, authorization, encryption, filtering, etc.
- Ability to deliver effective verbal or written messages that facilitate a mutual understanding on both parties.
- Customer service skills that include active listening, empathy, and problem-solving.
*A Master’s degree in Information Technology or a related field may substitute for three years of experience, related Bachelor’s degree may substitute for two years, or related Associate’s may substitute for one year.*
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
- Knowledge of project procurement management: procurement planning, solicitation planning, solicitation, source selection, contract administration, and contract closeout.
- Experience or expertise in contemporary technologies; including – voice, data and video telecommunications technologies and trends for WANs, LANs, MANs, protocols, network design and operations, bandwidth, protocols, applications, software development languages, SDLCs, software patterns, business areas & processes,
- Knowledge of disaster recovery and business continuation professional practices such as business impact analysis, business continuation planning, alternate site contacts and testing.
- Knowledge of project risk management: Risk management planning, risk identification, qualitative risk analysis, quantitative risk analysis, risk response planning and risk monitoring and control.
- Must have excellent problem solving skills and be self-motivated, independent, creative, innovative and persistent in order to identify, analyze, diagnose and resolve problems, which arise.
- Knowledge of electronic government practices.
It is the policy of Minnesota IT Services that all employees submit to a background investigation prior to employment. The background check may consist of the following components:
- SEMA4 Records Check (applies to current and past state employees only)
- Criminal History Check
- Reference Check
- Social Security and Address Verification
- Education Verification
- CJIS Background Check
- Other legally required checks
Minnesota IT Services will not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.